Home
[Linked Image]

Looks to be a bullet. Original? She could barely lift it
Saw a similar Winchester advertising bullet in Massachusetts about two months ago. Not sure about the Savage bullet, but the Winchester was a very expensive fake....
That's cool, Joe.
Never seen that before.
The one that I saw was also in an antique shop....
Faux.
Military dummy round some enterprising faker has applied decals to in hopes of reaping a big profit.
Posted By: 21 Re: Advertising Piece My Mom Found - 07/04/16
Price?
That long neck makes it look a lot like a 303 Savage.
Saw one just like that in Charlotte NC last year. It was in an antique shop and I was tempted. The $400 plus price tag untempted me. Unless that one moved south, there is more than one of them.
Bill
Coincidence that they're being found in antique shops? I think not. Big dollar fakes....
Well ,,,did she buy it for ya ?
What was the headstamp? I don't think I could resist that, fake or not!

Were the miltary dummy rounds made of wood? really?
I would put money in a Marlin before I bought that. I don't think I have ever owned a Marlin.
Originally Posted by bilwil
Saw one just like that in Charlotte NC last year. It was in an antique shop and I was tempted. The $400 plus price tag untempted me. Unless that one moved south, there is more than one of them.
Bill

Asheville, NC. $215, she left it there
Originally Posted by billy336
Originally Posted by bilwil
Bill

Asheville, NC. $215, she left it there

Great Town, I'll be there Beginning of August Moving My Daughter in there. And Looking for a new Home for My Wife and I in that Area, was there several years ago. Love the Mountains around there and great folk.
WW 2 saw many wooden Drill Rounds
I have or have owned a a lot from 20mm up to larger naval shells
the 20mm Oerlikon were just plain wood in two different colors to practice loading a sequence of HE and tracer into the mag
the 40mm Bofors were weighted to practice loading the holder clip
the larger Cals were also weighted with lead to enable loading practice
When you get up in Cal they get damn heavy
Original ones will be head stamped
Cheers
My sense is that they are of very recent 'Made In China' origin. The one that I handled just had that look and feel....
That is the same one I saw last year. My wife corrected me and said it was in Asheville that we looked at that round. They have lowered the price. So maybe there is only one of them.

Bill
Asheville NC, the San Francisco of the East.

Charlie
© 24hourcampfire