Home
Posted By: johno So Very Sad - 08/20/16
Our daughter in law who lives in Darwin, the tropics for thos unfamiliar was bitten on the hand by a spider a few weeks back.
Within days the hand turned black and she got very sick, off to hospital where she underwent emergency surgery to cut away the necrosis, kidneys shut down, lower lungs collapsed, placed in a coma and on life support.

By the end of the week all the flesh on her right arm had been removed due to necrosis, then she started to come good, skin grafts went well, breathing tubes removed, had her first shower and saw the kids properly that evening, we were all happy and excited.

10.00am next morning she died suddenly, doctors said a blood clot travelled to her heart, they fought like crazy to disolve the clot and get her back but no luck

34 years old 3 kids, the youngest 17 months with a severe genetic illness. Kinda puts things in perspective eh?

Johno
Posted By: S99VG Re: So Very Sad - 08/20/16
Yes it does put everything in perspective. It puts everything into exactly the right perspective. I am very sorry for the unexpected and untimely loss you all suffered today and hope you find peace soon.
Posted By: melchung Re: So Very Sad - 08/20/16
Johno: I am sorry to hear the bad news. It is one thing to be 90 years old and pass away after a long and fruitful life but passing away so young is very hard to cope with... Mel
Posted By: johno Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Thanks fellas, very hard on my wife as her mother died 3 weeks ago so its been a bad month, but as Mel said she had a long and fruitful life and passed at 87

Johno
Posted By: saddlering Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
So very sorry to hear this, Im at a loss for words prayers sent from Michigan!
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
My condolences on your family's loss. No words will help but know that all your friends here are praying for y'all and are grieving with you.
Posted By: milespatton Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Very sorry for You and Your family. These things brings a family closer, usually, but sometimes tear them apart. Hope that it is the former for you. miles
Posted By: ilikemilitaria Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
johno,

I am truly sorry for your loss.

I'll pray that God's grace will get you thru this rough spot and will sustain and supply you and yours with all that you need in the future.

dave
Posted By: boswellbuckhunter Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Johno

So very sorry for your loss. It does put things into perspective. We never know what's in store for us. God bless you and your family.

Joe
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Condolences from Wyoming.
Posted By: JeffG Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
...terrible loss Johno, Your Family's sadness touches a chord. My prayers are for the children, and the wise adults they depend on.
Posted By: Polecat Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Very sorry for your loss. Such a terrible thing to happen to a young mother. You and your family are in our prayers.

Lee
Posted By: Calhoun Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
I'm so sorry for you and your family. I can't imagine..
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Johno

We lost our 29 year old oldest daughter twenty one years ago so I greatly share your loss. She left one three year old daughter that was comfort to us the past several years. Your children should never have to go before you but the plan is not ours to make. GW
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Johno, so sorry to here this. My friends son got bit on the cheek by a Brown Recluse Spider and lost most of the meat and skin on one side of his face. He did recover, and with lots of skin grafts he looks fine. Prayers are with you, Joe.
Posted By: steve99 Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Sorry to hear of your loss, prayers sent.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
It tears at my heart every time I hear of a child going before the parents. So very sorry for your loss.
Friends your thoughts and prayers are a great comfort, we thank you

Johno
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Very sad ! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Sorry to hear of the loss. I hope there are people to step in and care for the little ones. I'm thinking you are not close to Darwin.
Well a little update here,

Firstly the doctors are saying its not the spider thats the cause, we have long thought several species of spider were resposible for the flesh dying it seems the where the bite occures allows the bacteria to enter. I don't know about that.

Coroner has raised concerns as to why she was not wearing presure stockings, this concerned me at the time as every proceedure ive had they always put them on. There is probably a very good reason for it but it just adds to things.

We are fortunate that Robins mother and the son get on very well and always have done, they will all move into a bigger house together we are very pleased with this. We live in south east Victoria they in the N.T. maybe think Oregon/Texas.

My wife has read all your posts fellas and is grateful for the friendship extended, not sure if I mentioned her mother passed only 3 weeks ago so she's a little broken at the moment

Johno
Posted By: Rick99 Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Condolences on the lose of your M-I-L. A large number of us here on the Forum are at the age where lose of a parent is all to common. frown

Glad to hear that there is a grandmother close by to step in to tend the young ones.
Posted By: savage1756 Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Condolences from My wife and I. Prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Sorry to hear this news. Prayers on the way.
Posted By: RAS Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
This is stark reminder on how fragile life is. It can change in an instant without warning. I am hurt to read this not just because of your loss but also because of my oversight to truly appreciate what I have now.

My God be with all of your family.
Posted By: oldgunsmith Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
Words always fail me at a time like this. Will be sending up prayers for all of you, especially the children.
Posted By: Bushmaster1313 Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
May you and you family find consolation, strength and peace.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: So Very Sad - 08/21/16
So sorry to hear of both your losses John. Please accept and pass along my condolences. Your family will be in my thoughts.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: So Very Sad - 08/22/16
Really sorry to read this Johno.
Posted By: Hotload Re: So Very Sad - 08/22/16
Johno - My condolences to you and your family.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: So Very Sad - 08/22/16
Prayers sent from Nebraska.
Posted By: RandySavage99 Re: So Very Sad - 08/22/16
Very sorry for your loss. Always sad to lose young people but it's especially hard when there are young children involved. Your family has my condolences.

Randy
Posted By: savage24 Re: So Very Sad - 08/22/16
Very sad news, johno. It does put things in perspective. I am 51 and visited my parents yesterday. I speak with my father on the telephone almost every night. I cannot imagine losing a parent as a young child.

May both families rally around your son and grandchildren for years to come.
Posted By: johno Re: So Very Sad - 08/22/16
We thank you for your thoughts and prayers

Johno
Posted By: Dale K Re: So Very Sad - 08/23/16
I just saw this. I wish I could offer more than "Peace, Strength and the Grace of God be with you and yours in these difficult times"

Dale
Posted By: kiwi Re: So Very Sad - 08/24/16
Johno
Just got back on the computer to find your very sad news
Heart goes out to you and your good wife my friend
It is one thing no parent hopes ever to hear but it happens, why
Are you staying in Darwin at present
Love Carol & Graham
Posted By: johno Re: So Very Sad - 08/24/16
Many thanks for the kind thoughts Graham.

Funeral is tomorrow but we wont be going up, the costs involved with Colleen spending the week up there before she died, giving the boy money to help him through etc its just beyond ud to go up again.

Been working to try and finish my small stock yards and just got done yesterday. Ewes will start lamb over the weekend I think, feeling pretty burnt out at the moment.

Johno
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: So Very Sad - 08/24/16
Hang in there, johno.
Posted By: johno Re: So Very Sad - 08/24/16
I'm good mate, as we all know these things tend to make you feel weary particularly as you get older.

Went to the reloading room and unpacked my latest find of ammo, will post some photos later on.

Appreciate the support you fellas offered here and by pm

Thanks
Johno
Posted By: Henry McCann Re: So Very Sad - 08/24/16
Prayers sent your way...too much sadness!
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: So Very Sad - 09/02/16
May God's grace comfort your family my friend.

Gary.
Posted By: johno Re: So Very Sad - 09/03/16
Thank you all for your kind thoughts

The hunting and fishing community in Darwin have kicked in big time to help the boy out with all the costs involved.
Certainly a real bad bunch hunters and fisherman, seem to read in the papers all the time, can't be trusted bla bla.

Funny how often it seems to be these very people who go out of their way to help in situations like this

Johno
Posted By: S99VG Re: So Very Sad - 09/03/16
I have found that people's willingness to react and extend a hand of help in times of great personal tragedy is very telling of their true character. In the face of adversity the good people step up to the plate and the not so good leave the ball park. I'm glad you found a group of folks willing to rally around the cause. Give your family our best.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: So Very Sad - 09/03/16
Originally Posted by johno
Our daughter in law who lives in Darwin, the tropics for thos unfamiliar was bitten on the hand by a spider a few weeks back.
Within days the hand turned black and she got very sick, off to hospital where she underwent emergency surgery to cut away the necrosis, kidneys shut down, lower lungs collapsed, placed in a coma and on life support.

By the end of the week all the flesh on her right arm had been removed due to necrosis, then she started to come good, skin grafts went well, breathing tubes removed, had her first shower and saw the kids properly that evening, we were all happy and excited.

10.00am next morning she died suddenly, doctors said a blood clot travelled to her heart, they fought like crazy to disolve the clot and get her back but no luck

34 years old 3 kids, the youngest 17 months with a severe genetic illness. Kinda puts things in perspective eh?

Johno

That is terrible, I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: So Very Sad - 09/14/16
God bless you Johno. He will be with you in your tough times.... as always. Rusty Z.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: So Very Sad - 09/14/16
So sorry to hear, prayers sent.
Posted By: johno Re: So Very Sad - 09/14/16
Thanks again fellas your thoughts & prayers have meant a great deal

Johno
© 24hourcampfire