Home
Posted By: rylee1 Thanks to All - 08/31/16
Thanks to everyone for helping me get started in this 99 quest. I received my book from Mr. Royal and Picked up my first 99 yesterday and looking forward to getting to know these better. I found a 99eg mfg 1949 and i like it a lot. Would like to find the screw in aperture for the redfield peep sight if anyone can steer me someplace to find one.

Thanks again to all

Rob
Posted By: JeffG Re: Thanks to All - 08/31/16
Good for you! Welcome to the party!

http://www.aperturesnmore.com/
Posted By: 21 Re: Thanks to All - 08/31/16
Welcome!!! Lots of good information and people here. And enablers...:)))
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Thanks to All - 08/31/16
No problem.
Posted By: oldotter Re: Thanks to All - 09/01/16
First, welcome. Second, we are the worst group of enablers you ever seen. Third, knowledge here is (not me) second to none.

What part of Michigan you call home? There are a small handful of us here in MI.
Posted By: Dons1 Re: Thanks to All - 09/01/16
Rob,

The apertures made by Redfield and Lyman - and I believe Williams - all had the same thread size. And I guess you are aware that they came in various diameters of the knurled outer ring as well as the actual aperture/opening.

Many don't use the screw in aperture at all as they can see the front sight and target clearer with the larger hole.

I have a gang of apertures around some where and if you'll PM me an address, I'll send you one - no charge.
Posted By: Henry McCann Re: Thanks to All - 09/01/16
Welcome and welcome...four years ago I didn't have a single 99. Now I have four. Averaging one a year. Two F's and Two EG's. I sure enjoy mine!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Thanks to All - 09/01/16
Henry, that's a good pace. I registered on April Fools Day, 2011, I had an R in 250. Now I have 2 pre WWI, 2 pre WWII, 2 post WWII, and 1 post mill. I'm not near as hooked as most of these guys, Joe.
Posted By: Sbrown Re: Thanks to All - 09/01/16
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Henry, that's a good pace. I registered on April Fools Day, 2011, I had an R in 250. Now I have 2 pre WWI, 2 pre WWII, 2 post WWII, and 1 post mill. I'm not near as hooked as most of these guys, Joe.

You're hooked. Admit it! grin

Steve
Posted By: JeffG Re: Thanks to All - 09/01/16
You guys might want to check in with Boswellbuckhunter, he will help you get up to speed!
Posted By: saddlering Re: Thanks to All - 09/01/16
Any Time Ryan! good group here! and drop me a line anytime! grin John
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Thanks to All - 09/02/16
You guys need to speed up your acquisition rate. You're not getting any younger, ya know.
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: Thanks to All - 09/02/16
Welcome Rob. There is some fine education to be gleaned from here. Like others started here just a few years ago with one and I'll just put it this way, go ahead and buy a bigger safe. I'm mostly a lurker, still trying to absorb some of the knowledge. Great bunch of people.
© 24hourcampfire