Home
Posted By: Fireball2 Lemonade - 09/22/16
A little history on the damaged gun I received yesterday. I bought it for the rear buttstock primarily, as it was mismatched to the rifle and I had the matching forearm, which needed a mate of course.

That would leave me with a gun sans butt, but surprise, I had three of those, so the gun could at least be put together with the proper wood. Two birds, one stone, etc etc etc.

When the buttstock arrived broken, I lost out on my matched set, but someone else scores a clean EG in 300 with proper wood, albeit not numbered, and a Stith setup to boot. So I'm 1 for 2. It's not perfect, but it's really clean with a great bore. It'll go to Gunbroker if no one here needs one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Lemonade - 09/22/16
If you are looking to recover some of the loss on this deal I would recommend selling the Stith setup separately. It's been my observation that gun/scope combos sell for less than if the 2 were sold separately. But, that's just my opinion. YMMV
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Lemonade - 09/22/16
I read up on eBay selling once, and got askeered off. I'm a registered buyer with good success there. I see Stiths sell well there but the selling sounded like a PITA so I dropped it. I've got a bunch of Savage items that need to go so this winter I'll figure it out.

Posted By: S99VG Re: Lemonade - 09/22/16
That is a nice looking EG. You say the broken butt stock was mismatched to the rifle. What style was it?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Lemonade - 09/22/16
You know, if I were just starting out with Savages I would grab that setup. You shouldn't have any trouble moving that thing, Roy. It's just a shame how it came to pass.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Lemonade - 09/22/16
Originally Posted by S99VG
That is a nice looking EG. You say the broken butt stock was mismatched to the rifle. What style was it?

I have a bunch of Savage wood without mates, and the later stamped buttstock this had on it would have completed a set for me to sell this winter. Plus I thought I might like to play with a Stith setup, but I'm a little down about things right now so am just not interested. Besides it's hunting season and I should be chasing bears if anything.

Posted By: saddlering Re: Lemonade - 09/22/16
If ones looking for one to Hunt with, thats a Dandy one for that!
© 24hourcampfire