Home
Posted By: svg250 savage brass statue - 09/22/16
Anyone here have one of the brass savage/stevens statue/paperweight with the hunter holding a gun and a dog sitting at his feet??? wondering about the value and roughly when it was made. Thanks for any info.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: savage brass statue - 09/24/16
I do. Made 1928 to ?. I have not seen them in print so probably given out as gifts. $250-350 range.

I have an extra I'd sell if anyone is interested.

Phil99 had an ash tray base that had a place for the man and dog to set but without the screw holes drilled. Probably a design sample that was not used.

Posted By: svg250 Re: savage brass statue - 09/24/16
Thanks for the info, picking it up Monday. It still has the tag on it, will have to try to find out more about it.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: savage brass statue - 09/25/16
Keep me posted if you learn anything more about them.

The "SVG" was not used till 1927-28 so sometime after that and probably before the war. Looks more shotgun related than rifle. I've only seen a half dozen or so...not common.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: savage brass statue - 09/25/16
I'd like to see a pic if possible, How large are they?
Posted By: GeneB Re: savage brass statue - 09/25/16
Here's one that has been listed online for sale for at least 6 years, maybe even 10 or more, asking price is $450 -
[Linked Image]
(If anyone is interested at that price I would be glad to give you the link!)
Posted By: gregintenn Re: savage brass statue - 09/25/16
Thank you, sir! I've never seen one.
Posted By: svg250 Re: savage brass statue - 09/26/16
Picked up statue, tag says I.S Spencers and sons Inc Guilford Conn. USA It was an old foundry around till the 1980's
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: savage brass statue - 09/26/16
Since it still has the tag, is it in great condition?
Posted By: svg250 Re: savage brass statue - 09/26/16
Yes, its real nice, not perfect has a little patina, more shine to it than the one in the pic on this post. Would rather have a shooter grade 'T' or 'RT' in the safe, but the statue looks nice enough on the shelf.
© 24hourcampfire