Home
Posted By: Jiggdog CD - 01/12/17
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but in Mr. Royals book (pg 46) he talks about the "CD"'s as being recognised in 1905. I have one (ser.# 320xx) which I believe is 1903. It has a 26 in. round barrel with PG and checkering .Doesn't this fit the "CD" mold? I know I should have it lettered but I'm a cheap so and so.
Posted By: JeffG Re: CD - 01/12/17
Don't be cheap on getting that letter. they may not always be possible.

You may have an 1899A with options (pistol grip, checkering).

Is the checkering two-point, or three-point?

We need pictures!!
Posted By: 5savage Re: CD - 01/12/17
Yes! Pictures Please!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: CD - 01/12/17
Probably an 1899A with special features. The CD wasn't cataloged until 1905. This was the year that Savage started combining features and giving that combination names. David
Posted By: mad_dog Re: CD - 01/12/17
Has anyone actually got a letter from Savage Arms since JC handed it over?
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: CD - 01/12/17
Is there any news on getting letters from Savage?
Posted By: Rick99 Re: CD - 01/12/17
No info. I just now sent a request for info on the subject. Will post what/if I hear.
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: CD - 01/13/17
I inquired via the Savage Arms Service email.
Inquired Dec. 8th, got reply Dec. 27th, basically just repeated what JTC has already provided.

reply 12/27
Hi Rick,
Your firearm was manufactured prior to 1995 and we do not have any information in our system.
Please contact our Historical Department by mail.
Include in the letter:
-Your name and address
-A phone number where you can be contacted if necessary
-The model and/or serial number if available
-Any other pertinent information
The historical department will respond shortly.
Send the letter to:
Savage Arms Historical Department
100 Springdale Road,
Westfield, MA 01085
Thank you,
Debbi

question 12/8
I understand Savage factory ledgers were recently transferred back to Savage from a private source. See notification below.
Is the Historical Information process setup and operational at this time?
thank you,
Rick in WI

Effective this week I have retired as historian for Savage, Steven and A.H. Fox. Thank you all for your inquiries over the years. I am pleased to have gotten to know many of you at Fests or personally.
Going forward, you will be able to continue to have your Savage firearms researched. The records are going back to Savage and you may send your inquiries to Savage Arms, Historical Information, 100 Springdale Rd., Westfield, MA. 01085
Signing off and Thank you. John T. Callahan

© 24hourcampfire