Home
Posted By: JoeMartin Cleaning out the Gun Room - 01/16/17
Not the guns, just the room. I was cleaning out the ammo drawers and organizing them by cartridge and I found two old 32 cal shells that I thought were long gone. Back during the riots in 68, my Mom worked at 14th and U st. Kind of the center of the riots in DC. One day a guy with a double bbl shotgun tried to rob her at work. He kept telling her to open the safe and she kept telling him it was empty. He broke into her cubicle and pointed the gun at her, and she grabby her purse and started hitting him, saying the safe was empty. He gave up and took off.

The next day my Dad bought her a tear gas pen. It looked like a regular pen but had a little spring loaded bolt. You unscrewed the pen and dropped a 32 cal tear gas round in, screwed it back together and cocked the bolt. To fire it you just flipped the spring loaded bolt and bang, poof. Back in the 90's when my parents moved, my Dad found the pen. I told him I was pretty sure they were outlawed in the 68 GCA. Before I could check and see if it could be owned, he tossed it in the trash.

I just found two of the 32 tear gas rounds.

I also found a 25-20 round that's necked down to 22 cal. Anyone know if that was a common wildcat? What's it called? Joe.
I also found a 25-20 round that's necked down to 22 cal. Anyone know if that was a common wildcat? What's it called? Joe.

218 Bee.
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

.218 Bee.
OK, thanks Roy and Gregg, I had a couple 218 Bees also. I'll stick them together and see how they match up.
So what you gonna do with the tear gas rounds?
I guess just put them on the display board, Joe.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Cleaning out the Gun Room - 01/17/17
"...I'm pretty sure they were outlawed in the 1969 GCA." The gub'ment sure goes out of its way to protect criminals. It's too bad she couldn't have had a gun and shot the bastard. David
Posted By: Brazos Re: Cleaning out the Gun Room - 01/17/17
Your mother sounds like a brave lady!

Glad she survived the encounter.
She just couldn't believe, that he, didn't believe her, Joe
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Cleaning out the Gun Room - 01/17/17
Probably on drugs.
© 24hourcampfire