Home
I lucked into this Colt 45 Bisley for a song at a local auction. It didn't take long to decide I needed to make a holster for it. I thought it turned out pretty good.
[Linked Image]
Greg is this a trick question? smile
No joke...I also found this Remington Navy Cartridge Conversion there. No finish left, but locks up like a bank vault.
[Linked Image]
Sadly, 38 Rimfire is hard to come by around these parts.
I own a Smith and Wesson 66 357 mag but the rest are all Savage pistols.
I have a Colt 1927 11.25MM, Joe.
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

Straight from Argentina! grin
I have a Taurus PT25 25ACP .....let the ribbing begin....
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by JoeMartin

Straight from Argentina! grin

You can fool some of the people some of the time!
My other affliction is Smith & Wesson revolvers. I have three .22's, two .32 S&W Long, two .32 WCF, three .38 S&W's, eight .38 Specials, a .357, three .44 Specials, and a .45. It has been easier to find Smiths than Savages, but I would rather find Savages.
I am very partial to this A.D. Swenson built Colt 38 Super. This is a very accurate pistol.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have a few Colt SAA's. I had a pair of Bisley's in 32-20 but let a persuasive friend talk me out of them. Those Bisleys fit my hand real well. I don't pay attention to persuasive friends when it comes to selling them guns any more. David
Originally Posted by Jericho
I have a Taurus PT25 25ACP .....let the ribbing begin....

grin I can one down you on that one. I have a Raven 25 auto. Don't go much lower than that. frown GW

I lucked into this Colt 45 Bisley for a song at a local auction. It didn't take long to decide I needed to make a holster for it. I thought it turned out pretty good.
[Linked Image]

Greg

Make that holster reverse intentionally? smile I have a Bisley in 32-20 with a very early holster made on the same pattern as yours. Would like to have a 1892 Winchester 32-20 to go with it. Nice work on the leather. GW
I have several that were my grandfathers: a pair of Ruger Single-Six revolvers. One in .22 and one in 32 H&R Magnum. Also have his Ruger Blackhawk that was re-chambered from .41 Magnum to .44 S&W Special.

My favorite is his Army issue 1911 A Remington Rand. Growing up he would never let me touch it because he kept it loaded in his bedroom. I used to sneak it out when I thought he wasn't looking. He was!

We have a few modern plastic semi-auto's too. S&W, Glock and Ruger.
I am partial to the 1911's, mostly vintage and military models, US and Foreign. Do have some other vintage military pistols. Modern Colt Defender in .45acp for carry gun.

..some .22's for squirrel/small game hunting (Buckmark Varmint), and Couple Ruger .44mag's for deer (Ruger Super Redhawk & Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter).

Still wanting an Anschutz Exemplar, and a T/C Contender.

Oh, and more and more....and more...

dave

Got quite a few, here are a few Remington's (and all rimfire!)

Left to right - 32 short rimfire 5 shot, 30 long rimfire, 32 short rimfire, 41 short rimfire and 32 extra short rimfire 5 shot (some of these cartridges are harder to find than 38 Rimfire).
[Linked Image]

Here a couple of them are again along with an 1891 Target in 22 LONG (not Long Rifle). The 22 Vest Pocket is a French copy of the Remington and has a extractor which the 22 caliber Remington lacked.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
One thing about Gene:

He never disappoints
I have a few military 1911A1s, Soviet Block Makarovs, a couple .22s (S&W 41, Ruger Mark II Gov't) and a contender with a few barrels.
old model ruger blackhawks

plab
I like super black hawks.
I like most handguns, especially revolvers. Now only have two automatics (yah, I know....): a 1959s Colt "Sport Woodsman" and a Savage 1917. Keepers.

Also own my grandfather's .44-40 Colt New Service DA, a Bisley .32-20 I traded off a Mexican "vigilante" (more like a stock detective/watchman than some kind of terrorist) in 1962, a beautiful S&W K-38, an S&W 651 stainless .22 Mag "Kit Gun" DA, a Ruger Bearcat, and a stainless Ruger Single Six .32 Mag.
I seem to end up with a bunch of handguns probably 30 or so from some of my gun deals my best two i have are a 38 colt owned by Al Capone, and a Merwin Hulbert Double action in 44-40.I forgot a colt 1911 made in 1912.
No Savages here. Just a bunch of Colts (New Service, Police Positive, and Woodsman), and a K-22. My pocket autoloader desire begins and ends with a Walther PP. Not really much of a pistolero.
Have a variety of vintage and modern.
Couple of favorites;
Flintlock, ~.54, made by London gun maker Henry Nock, ~1800, gun maker to King George III (who lost the Revolutionary War)
and,...
70 Series Colt, shoots smooth as butter.

[Linked Image]
I have a few Smith & Wesson's including one that is USAF marked that South Vietnamese Huey pilot "gave" me during the evacuation of Saigon.
David
I thought this might make an interesting thread. You guys certainly didn't disappoint.

Gene, I see you have a knowledge of Remingtons. I believe my Navy conversion, or whatever you call it, was factory made in 38 rimfire and not actually converted.

I've seen that ivory grips were an option for the 44s, but I don't know about the 36s. Do you suppose they could be factory original?

I find information about antique Remington revolvers to be quite scarce in comparison to Colts.
One SA Inc. 1911A1 that's coming back home after a theft. A reissue Ruger Flat Top .44 that may get a 4 5/8 barrel installed (it was a bit of a user when I bought it). And a High Standard Military HD. Used to have a Ruger Security Six and Single Six, and a Colt Challanger. The Colt was stolen with the 1911A1 and it was the first pistol I ever bought. I'm not holding by breath it will ever come back home as I think the 1911A1 was a fluke.
Sig 938 that shoots well
Llama Minimax .45 - going soon
Ruger MKII KMK678GC that'll hold 10 rounds in a 2" circle @ 100 off a bag and a weaver 2-7 pistol scope.
[Linked Image]

I'll play along. I love Colts, and S&W's.
This is new to me as of Christmas. One of those "look what you got me deals". 1959 Single Six, unmodified. Nothing like that Colt Bisley though. That is sweet Greg.

Attached picture OM Sgl Six a smaller.JPG
Greg, I have some knowledge of some Remington's, but not the percussion's or the conversions. My thought's when I first saw it was that the ejector looked rather simple compared to the look of the rest of the conversion, I think a factory conversion would have a better ejector design but I can't rule it out.

I have two military issue pistols, one issued during the US Civil War, a 44 Starr, and one issued late in WWII, 9mm Browning Hi Power, I even have a WWII issue holster for it some place (not numbered to the gun) -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
trivia - the Browning has two more screws in it than the 1907 & 1915 Savage pistols and the same number as the Savage 1917.

And this Quackenbush was in the same safe -
[Linked Image]

These were acquired some years ago and they have not even been pulled out for a wipe down in a few years. I liked the size & proportions of these in 32 rimfire, which is what all these are other that the Marlin at top which is 22. Left to right 2 Whitney's, two Marlins, a Smith's Patent and a Smith & Wesson.

[Linked Image]

I also have three Deringer's, top two 32 rimfire and bottom 22.

[Linked Image]

...and yes, they are Deringer's -
[Linked Image]

Some members of Henry Deringer's family produced these after his death.

JP Sauer & Sohn 38H .32ACP
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1860 Colt SAA. SN 35,0XX all matching
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Some really neat stuff!

Gene, That Starr appears to be in amazing condition.
Nice Starr. A buddy of mine has one that a previous owner had chopped the barrel and loading lever back to about 3-inches. Nothing was left for holding the lever in place so the guy must have had to tie it up. About 30-years ago mybbuddy got a replacement barrel and lever from Dixie gun works. Amazing that you could still get that stuff as late as the 1980s
Greg, Have you looked at the 38 rimfire adapters offered by Dixie Gunworks? I have never tried them, they have been selling them for a long time - .dixiegunworks.com ...but a review on their own site doesn't sound good - product_reviews_

The Starr shows very little wear, the bore is almost perfect. There is a lot of marking on the nose of the hammer from apparent dry firing, but the nipples still look quit good.

Here are some better pictures taken with a little daylight, these show a nice combination for a Union Cavalry man who couldn't get a Spenser. I bought the bullet box a few years after the carbine and since it still need a lever latch I have not yet shot it, the bore looks good so it should shoot well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Gene,
I've seen a similar device sold in Europe at very ridiculous prices, but wasn't aware Dixie Gun Works sold them. Thanks.

I've actually been to Dixie Gun Works. It's worth a trip to see. They have a really neat antique auto museum there as well.

I never tire of seeing your interesting items, and am grateful for the knowledge you share here.
A few Sharps and a couple Remingtons...

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
You guys make me feel inadequate! grin
Gene, my wife's uncle had all of the family firearms. When he passed we couldn't find his Star, 1876 Colt SA, or an early 38 that was used by an other uncle who was the constable on Neville Island, PA. We told the auctioneer that the family wanted any firearms to stay in the family. After he liquidated Uncle Erny's estate his receipts showed he found the three hand guns and sold them on an on line site. When we called him on the issue he said he was "told by the executor of the estate to sell everything, so he sold them". The Star was handed down through the family and they had the name of the relation that carried it in the Civil War. If the A-hole of an auctioneer had of told us he was putting the guns up, he would have made a lot more. I would have sold my kids to keep those guns in the family. I guess it's kind of like Gary not liking to buy from pawn shops. I've got some screamin deals at auctions, and I never think about the family. The Star and the Colt both sold for about $700, maybe 5 years ago, Joe.
NO..... oh wait..... I love Rugers....and thats all.... and Kimbers,..... and thats all,..... and Smiths..... and thats all.......and CZs....and thats all...... wink I think you get the picture....
GeneB, you need let me trade you out of that WWII hi-power.

dave
I don't have any pics readily available, but for handguns I've got a beretta 92 (mines stamped U.S. M9, it's an anniversary model I bought brand new in '08 or '09), a sig sauer 1911, and a smith and Wesson 66-4.

In the next few months I should be getting my hands on an iver Johnson tp-22 and a ruger SR-9

© 24hourcampfire