Home
Posted By: Plab OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
had a stock busted by ups. what have they done for those of you that has had the same experience ??

plab
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
Never had a problem since trying UPS.

I think my tally was up to 7 broken with the USPS when I left. No satisfaction from USPS. In fact, an outright fraud is what they are. Delayed making a judgement on my last claim (after receiving all supporting documents) until after their own 60 day claim period had expired then denied the claim because of it.

All I can say is GOOD LUCK. Be diligent and provide all documentation they want.
Posted By: Plab Re: OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
what a PIA

plab
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
I feel a lot more confident that UPS will make it right. Let me know if I can help.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
USPS hires Gorillas, UPS hires [bleep]. Better chance of collecting on insurance with UPS. Suggest pictures prior to packing & shipping. Pictures of the container revealing damage and to the insured article. Ship in hard case and strengthen at the stock wrist area. If possible take stock off and ship in shorter reinforced box. Even so they will still disappoint you. Been their . GW
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
I've been using Fedex ground for years now. They did damage one and lost one altogether - but I got paid for both in fairly short order. Just have good records and some pics to back it up.

The last 2 I shipped I made a simple enclosure from 1X4 stock and slipped inside a cardboard sleeve. Worked just fine.
Posted By: JeffG Re: OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
I had a claim with a broken stock via UPS. It had to initiate with the seller because thay are the ones who bought the insurance. The end result was still a value loss of at least $200, but it started as a value loss of $400.

packaging packaging packaging. skip buying insurance and spend the money on better packaging!
Posted By: pal Re: OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
Originally Posted by JeffG
...packaging packaging packaging...

This is most often the problem--amateur packaging.
Posted By: 99guy Re: OT-UPS damage ? - 02/11/17
I've sent many, many guns USPS Priority Mail and have never, ever had a single problem.

My wife has been an employee of the USPS for 30 years, the last 20 as a Supervisor or Post Master. In 30 years, she has never had anything but glass come back to her broken.

I don't doubt Roy's or anybody else's experiences...

Might be I am living on borrowed time?

© 24hourcampfire