Home
Posted By: colorado bob Thanks - 02/22/17
I did what was suggested about the "O" ring on the forearm stud and also placed the sandbags under the receiver. It's shooting 1" groups with Federal Blue Box 180 grain. I'll try some "Core-lokts". I'm happy. I like 180 grain bullets for elk hunting. Bob
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Thanks - 02/22/17
"All's well that ends well."
Posted By: JeffG Re: Thanks - 02/22/17
the information comes with the obligation to post your success on the "Savage kill page"...just sayin'
Posted By: steve99 Re: Thanks - 02/22/17
Bob,

Now you need to find out where it hits unsupported or a "field support" at shooting distances where you hunt. Glad that worked out for you.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: Thanks - 02/22/17
Very interesting information and great result. It would be interesting to also fire it resting the forearm on the bag to see what result you get with the forearm/o-ring.
Posted By: rootie3 Re: Thanks - 02/23/17
CBob... I missed your earlier post that obviously asked for help re; the forearm stud on a 99, I'm assuming. I'm glad you got the help you needed. This is the BEST gun forum out there for help... and entertainment. But you already know that. I'm happy you found a fix to the problem.

Larry
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Thanks - 02/23/17
I'm trying to remember back when the forearm problem was first identified and shared amongst the long time posters. I'm sure it was a topic back on the old Gun & Knife forum.

Anyone remember the origin??
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Thanks - 02/23/17
I remember it being mentioned on the G&K forum but IIRC it was discovered long before I got there.
© 24hourcampfire