Home
Posted By: wyo1895 more 99's for sale - 03/17/17
Ryan's Sport Shop in Durand, Wi., has some 99's for sale. He sent pics which I've attached but hasn't gotten a list to me yet. His contact info is:715-672-Guns. Has anyone dealt with Al Teel yet? David
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: more 99's for sale - 03/17/17
Depending on price, I might be interested in the lot of them.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: more 99's for sale - 03/17/17
I'll bug him about putting out a price list. David
A price individually and sold together will hopefully not be the same number.
He's on his way to a gun show in Onalaske, Wi., right now and won't be able to post prices until next week. The second rifle down in pic 1 is a checkered pre-WWII EG in 300 which he wants $1100 for. He says they are selling fast and he wished he had more 99 collections for sale. I don't think there is any 300 EG worth $1100 but who knows. David
Not to me there isn't. OK, I think we're done here. crazy
Probably, but I'll post the prices if he ever sends them to me. David
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: more 99's for sale - 03/17/17
Originally Posted by wyo1895
He's on his way to a gun show in Onalaske, Wi., right now and won't be able to post prices until next week. The second rifle down in pic 1 is a checkered pre-WWII EG in 300 which he wants $1100 for. He says they are selling fast and he wished he had more 99 collections for sale. I don't think there is any 300 EG worth $1100 but who knows. David

David. The .358 EG, the .308 EG, and a 250-3000 EG were ALL north of $1100 by $300-$900. Condition trumps all. Squeeze the nickle till the buffalo s h i t s. Means more honest collectible rifles out there for the rest of us to buy.
Posted By: 5savage Re: more 99's for sale - 03/17/17
From what I'm seeing on the gun racks, it doesn't matter how nice or ragged an M99 is, expect to pay a minimum of $800 if buying from a regular retailer. I have been trying to pedal my Super Grade M70 in 30-06 at gunshows lately and guys with M99's won't even consider a trade. It's cash or nothing and they don't want to move much off their price. I had one guy tell me he can sell M99's so easy he won't take trades on them unless a guy really takes a beating on trade in value. So at least for now its a seller's market. I wish I was born 20 years sooner so I could be buying these up in the 70's and 80's when everyone was trading them off for bolt guns or semi-autos. You old timers on here are hopefully appreciating how good the pickings you had 10-20 years ago!
Posted By: S99VG Re: more 99's for sale - 03/17/17
I think I'd rather invest in the guy selling the guns than buy one. Some of the fun goes out of it for me when prices get that high. It's like restored Mustangs going for way over 50K. It becomes a rich man's sport and no matter how hard I squeeze my nickel the buffalo just won't s-h-i-t that much. Though it is a nice collection of 99s and I hope they all go to deserving parties.
Posted By: Plab Re: more 99's for sale - 03/17/17
I'm interested in the top one in the first picture David
drop me a PM when you get some info and time .

thanks plab
Posted By: 99guy Re: more 99's for sale - 03/17/17

Originally Posted by S99VG
I think I'd rather invest in the guy selling the guns than buy one. Some of the fun goes out of it for me when prices get that high. It's like restored Mustangs going for way over 50K. It becomes a rich man's sport and no matter how hard I squeeze my nickel the buffalo just won't s-h-i-t that much. Though it is a nice collection of 99s and I hope they all go to deserving parties.

Prices have been higher. If you think prices are high now, wait until 25 years from now.

Having grown up in upstate New York, could have bought all these things I wanted to for $300 25 years ago.

Even at current market prices, If you invest in condition, you will not lose your money.

Ever.
Posted By: RAS Re: more 99's for sale - 03/17/17
I talked to the guy on the phone. He was supposed to send me a price list but no dice yet. I am thinking he is selling locally and won't ship until the locals won't buy anymore.
Posted By: savage099 Re: more 99's for sale - 03/18/17
If you click on the one of the pics there is a price list.
Posted By: RAS Re: more 99's for sale - 03/18/17
You are correct savage099.

If correct, some are reasonable, some not so much.

A lot of them are too new for me. Lol
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: more 99's for sale - 03/18/17
Originally Posted by savage099
If you click on the one of the pics there is a price list.

FYI, that's not the price list for the rifles at Ryan's Guns shop. It is the price list David posted for the rifles that Al Teel has (from David's post about finding his .22-250).
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: more 99's for sale - 03/18/17
Plab, I'll post the prices as soon as I get them. David
Posted By: jimm7007 Re: more 99's for sale - 03/20/17
Is there a 95% 99A .308 in that bunch?
Posted By: ipopum Re: more 99's for sale - 03/20/17
I guess I wil have to take a drive over and see them.
Posted By: Leverlover Re: more 99's for sale - 03/20/17
I saw all these in Eau Claire WI at the show. In fact, I gave him Davids number and showed my book and tried to educate him a bit. Very fair good guy. He has no "off" calibers and all guns were $1000 or more. He had 4 identical .243's produced in 1999 NIB with the boxes for $1200 each. By day three only one remained. There was two with beautiful engraving but non factory. Several are excellent but non MINT, IMO.
Posted By: RAS Re: more 99's for sale - 03/20/17
All:

I got the list emailed to me. PM me your email address and I will forward to those who want it.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: more 99's for sale - 03/21/17
He's buying four copies of my book which are going out today. Some are for resale in his shop.
Jeff, he hasn't sent me the list yet so if you would send it to [email protected] I'd appreciate it. David
Posted By: RAS Re: more 99's for sale - 03/21/17
David,

You have mail.

Take care,
Jeff
Posted By: Leverlover Re: more 99's for sale - 03/21/17
No, I have seen them with hands on. No such
Posted By: Leverlover Re: more 99's for sale - 03/21/17
Top one is a .308 DL. I have laid hands on. There is a nicer one on GB currently
© 24hourcampfire