Home
Posted By: fatjack34 Ron_T - 08/28/17
Anyone heard from this gent outside of this forum? He was always very helpful. I see he hadn't posted in 2 years and I was wondering if he changed venues or just stopped coming.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Ron_T - 08/28/17
Fatjack, I am sorry to tell you that the gentleman, our good friend has passed. He is missed by all that read his posts.
Posted By: johno Re: Ron_T - 08/28/17
Roy

I did not know that, was there a thread to this effect? I used to exchange messages with him but then had a bad run health wise myself and sort of forgot. I am realy sorry to read this

Johno
Posted By: Polecat Re: Ron_T - 08/28/17
He is truly missed.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/10764988/Searchpage/1/Main/745052/Words/%2BRon_T+%2Bpassed+%2Baway/Search/true/updated-please-read-ron-t-passed-away-obituary#Post10764988

Lee
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Ron_T - 08/28/17
I had the pleasure of meeting Ron up near our camp in Pennsylvania. He used to hunt out of a nearby camp near Parker Dam in Clearfield. A nicer guy you'd never want to meet. He was very knowledgeable about many topics. Sadly, Ron left us a couple years ago. Ron is truly one of the guys I can't wait to hunt with when I get to the other side.

Miss you buddy-keep the coffee hot.
Posted By: Dale K Re: Ron_T - 08/29/17
I too shared the pleasure of several meet, greet, and eat sessions with Ron in DuBois during deer season. Plus many email conversations.

He shore had a purty tomato stake that he used for hunting,

Dale
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Ron_T - 08/29/17
This is sad news...I never met him man to man, but felt like I knew a bit about him through this place.

I too took a knee from the fire for a while, but not a permanent knee. I am afraid to ask about some of the others I have enjoyed over the years.

Dale K....not to get away from Mr. Tateman's passing but I once stayed off the interstate in Dubois whilst driving from NH to Columbus.
Small world.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Ron_T - 08/29/17
I met up with Ron at a gunshop near where he lived in Ohio, which happens to be near where my sister/BIL lives. He showed up with all kind of plans for shooting at a range and spending the day talking guns and eating, but I don't get to see my sister very often and had to decline. Nice guy, he was.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Ron_T - 08/29/17
Fatjack, Yooper35 passed a year or so ago also.I think he told me he was 85 and had begun to sell off his collection to save his wife the trouble. Every now and then an old thread will pop up and I'll see some of the old names and wonder if they are doing well. Folks interests and circumstances change and sometimes they just wonder off. Maybe the internet is a good thing. When some one does a search and it brings up an old post, we get to read the wisdom that was shared by the old guys. Here's a toast to all the good guys that have left us, "Cheers", Joe.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ron_T - 08/29/17
And apparently Billy336 has ripped off a few folks.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
y Scott...
I remember that dude...a Florida boy if I recall...has he crossed over as well?
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Fatjack, Yooper35 passed a year or so ago also.I think he told me he was 85 and had begun to sell off his collection to save his wife the trouble. Every now and then an old thread will pop up and I'll see some of the old names and wonder if they are doing well. Folks interests and circumstances change and sometimes they just wonder off. Maybe the internet is a good thing. When some one does a search and it brings up an old post, we get to read the wisdom that was shared by the old guys. Here's a toast to all the good guys that have left us, "Cheers", Joe.

I also remember him as well...wow...time is having its way with all of us.
Originally Posted by fatjack34
y Scott...

No, he's alive, but a few folks have been posting about him in the Classifieds about being ripped of by him.

BobinNH died, if you remember him and a few more.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Ron_T - 08/29/17
y Scott...

No, just got into a jam and is staying away. I don't know the circumstances and so will not comment, but more than few folks are PO'ed.
y Scott...

No, he's alive, but a few folks have been posting about him in the Classifieds about being ripped of by him.

BobinNH died, if you remember him and a few more.

Scott...
I do remember BobinNH! I believe we met at a local shop. SOB!

Re: Billy336.... Wtf!
Yeah, I thought Bob lived near you at some point.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Ron_T - 08/29/17
Ron and I traded a lot of emails and PM's. One of the very good guys, and I definitely miss him being around.
Posted By: Dale K Re: Ron_T - 08/30/17

Dale K....not to get away from Mr. Tateman's passing but I once stayed off the interstate in Dubois whilst driving from NH to Columbus.
Small world.

It is a small world sometimes. I grew up in DuBois and both Ron and gophergunner had mentioned hunting camps in the area. One thing led to another and our first meet and eat turned into an all afternoon BS session. Somewhere I have a photo of 6 shady looking hunters posing with their trusty deer rifles.

Dale
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Ron_T - 08/31/17
Well, a bunch of guys carrying 99's can't be all that bad.
Posted By: billy336 Re: Ron_T - 09/16/17
Fatjack, I didn't rip anyone off. Steelhead is a fuggin liar and a POS for runnin his man pleaders on topics the dont and never did envolve him. Just clearing up any doubt
© 24hourcampfire