Home
Posted By: sooner british proof marks - 01/09/20
Can anyone tell me about a 22 hi-power with british markings . Thanks Tom
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: british proof marks - 01/09/20
Pics? Details?
Posted By: Barryt Re: british proof marks - 01/09/20
Means it was imported into Britain, and like all imports, was proofed, usually at Birminham. I have one similar from the '20's, in hi-power also!
Posted By: sooner Re: british proof marks - 01/09/20
Sorry no pics my buddy in south Texas called me and said he picked one up at a local gunshop. .I will try to get get some pics when i go down there later . Thanks for the info .Tom
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: british proof marks - 01/09/20
A fellow had an engraved 303 on GB for a year or so. It also had British proofs and was down in Texas.
Posted By: Romack Re: british proof marks - 01/09/20
I have one with British proof marks. Kind of cool knowing its' been around the globe.

I found this old post under my old name which has some pictures. Hard to believe about 10 years has gone by.:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...g-1899-c-with-british-proofs#Post3021509

Posted By: Skidrow Re: british proof marks - 01/10/20
If it was proofed at Birmingham you might find the marks here. It's a link to the Birmingham Proof House.

http://gunproof.com/Proofing/proofing.html
Posted By: Barryt Re: british proof marks - 01/10/20
Most likely another stamp on the barrel, "Not English Make"!
Posted By: olgrouser Re: british proof marks - 01/10/20
Yeah recently I let go of a vintage 1940 production Winchester 94 #1227XXX, in 30-30 with London Proof House markings and additional " NOT MADE IN ENGLAND" stamps which had been picked up in the Maritimes. These guns do reappear back here after having been over on the Continent.
Posted By: purri Re: british proof marks - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by Barryt
Most likely another stamp on the barrel, "Not English Make"!

Post WW1 requirement only if trans shipped through Pomgolia to a colony.
© 24hourcampfire