Home
Posted By: SuperSeal110 Bark River knives? - 09/24/08
Was surfing around on the net today and stumbled onto these knives.

I did like what I seen on a couple different models.

Was carious if anyone is running one or know someone with one?

Any thoughts and opinions on this brand?
Posted By: antlers Re: Bark River knives? - 09/25/08
I own several Bark River knives...I like 'em...a lot. I especially like fixed blade, drop point knives...and Bark River makes lots of 'em. They are well made; several different scale/handle materials are available...in a variety of colors and patterns; they use A-2 steel; and use a convex grind on their blades. I use 'em.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Bark River knives? - 09/25/08
I have micro-canadians in both A2 and 12c27 (micro-canadian II), as well as an OMF Forum knife in A2, and a mini skinner in 12c27. Great bang for the buck...
Posted By: passport Re: Bark River knives? - 09/26/08
I have a bunch of them, Mike Stewert is the owner and he ran Marbles till 2001, I think, then opened up Bark River. There good stuff, great customer service and just quality baldes.

If your in my hood let me know and I can show ya some.

I think Mike Stewert had a hand in Blackjack Knives also????
Posted By: passport Re: Bark River knives? - 09/27/08
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill

I think Mike Stewert had a hand in Blackjack Knives also????

He ran the place just before he went to Marbles, the Blackjack knives made when he was there are the ones you want. Seems the quality goes when Mike comes on board...
Posted By: Patriot1776 Re: Bark River knives? - 10/02/08
Mike Stewert is getting ripped apart on Bladeforums.com right now for an alleged deal gone bad.

That being said Bark river makes a ton of models I would like to own. There bushcraft style knives are awesome.
Posted By: djpaintless Re: Bark River knives? - 10/04/08
Originally Posted by Patriot1776
Mike Stewert is getting ripped apart on Bladeforums.com right now for an alleged deal gone bad.

I have no idea what the deal at Bladeforums is about but I do know something about Mike Stewart. I had an issue with him and in the end he came through big time, he did more than he had to do to correct the situation. To me that shows someone with character.

His knives are excellent, I have one and another one is my next planned knife purchase. Try one and you'll like it.....................DJ
Posted By: jim62 Re: Bark River knives? - 10/11/08
DJ,

I had Mike rehandle a couple of brand new Boone knives last year for me. It took BRKT much longer to do the work as he got behind (overpromised) on custom work last year.

In the end, my knives were shipped at the agreed price,etc just a few months late..

From what I can tell of the "experts" at the BLADE forum site, they are a bunch of slanderous lowlifes who kick someone when they are down. Most of them have VERY, VERY old and petty "axes" to grind with Mike .They REALLY should get a life..IMHO.

The sad fact for them is, Mike has accomplished more in the last 5 years with Bark River than most of those losers will during their entire lives.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Bark River knives? - 10/12/08
A friend of mine who lives locally has collected DOZENS of Bark River knives. There are several models I'd love to own. The fit and finish on almost all of them is superb.
Posted By: Buckskin Re: Bark River knives? - 10/15/08
I have one Bark River knife, and while I can say it has a very nice apperance, the blade quality just isn't there, at least for my purposes.

The steel is a bit soft. It will take an edge, but won't hold it for any length of time if used for caping (design I bought). Generally, it will sit in the safe when I go out, or it is a loner knife for friend who might have forgot thier own knife. And, I warn them to throw a a set of Spiderco Crock sticks into their pack before we set out.

Richard
© 24hourcampfire