Home
Posted By: Cheesy New Ingram - 12/14/09
Kind of slow down here, so thought I'd share. I know this thread is worthless without pictures, will get some tonight.

Got in a new Bird and Trout on Friday, desert ironwood, mosaics, filework on the spine. Handy little knife, dad didn't give it up when we were butchering deer yesterday.

Got an email from Gene saying my next one would be ready in March 2011, ordered another yesterday and he said it would be ready in September 2012.
Posted By: stanimal Re: New Ingram - 12/14/09
Looking forward to the pics. When I ordered my last Ingrams (set of 2) he told me Jan 2010 so I'm hoping for a late Christmas present. Love the others I have from him.
Posted By: BradArnett Re: New Ingram - 12/14/09
The bird and trout is a good one, congrats!!!
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: New Ingram - 12/14/09
The B&T is going to be the next one I get....in early 2011.

Since we are so close, maybe I can fondle yours until mine arrives? grin
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: New Ingram - 12/14/09
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

Buncha' sick puppies.... wink
Posted By: stanimal Re: New Ingram - 12/14/09
Agree on the B&T being a great knife. Used mine on ducks and trout so far so I guess that is applicable smile Great pattern!
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: New Ingram - 12/15/09
Gene makes an awesome version of the B&T knife, wish I still had mine but i'm sure the current owner has bloodied it well over the last year or 2.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: New Ingram - 12/15/09
Here they are, sorry for my poor photography.

B&T on top, #1 (I think) semi, #1 drop point. All with ironwood, mosaics, and filework.

[Linked Image]

And these ain't no safe queens, all have been bloodied, the B&T was recieved Friday and was buried in a pair of deer on Saturday.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: New Ingram - 12/15/09

I'm kicking myself for not hooking up with you yet. That sounds so bad based on how it was just turned around in the previous posters comments. I've still got those two blanks that need heat treated if you're still willing to give it a go? Had forgot all about them actually, busy getting married and all the fun stuff that goes with it.

We just hired an engineer from KMT, supposed to start this week as our "green belt" process improvement guy, not sure of his name, but he lives in Oronogo down the road from me.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: New Ingram - 12/15/09

Mine are going to be ready in 6 more months - may 2010.

It's been a long wait.

Spot
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: New Ingram - 12/15/09
Originally Posted by Cheesy

I'm kicking myself for not hooking up with you yet. That sounds so bad based on how it was just turned around in the previous posters comments. I've still got those two blanks that need heat treated if you're still willing to give it a go? Had forgot all about them actually, busy getting married and all the fun stuff that goes with it.

We just hired an engineer from KMT, supposed to start this week as our "green belt" process improvement guy, not sure of his name, but he lives in Oronogo down the road from me.

lol you must work at Schriebers (sp) and your new "engineer" is named Chad Degraffenreid. Sometimes they say less is more, this is one of those times.

We can still get those blanks done up. Just let me know.
I've got a # 2 semi which I had stretched a bit longer and that is my favorite knife. Seriously considering another one for my wife....yeah, that's it, for my wife.

Nice knives Cheesy and glad to hear your getting some use out of them already!
Posted By: secretsquirrel Re: New Ingram - 12/15/09
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I've got a # 2 semi which I had stretched a bit longer and that is my favorite knife. Seriously considering another one for my wife....yeah, that's it, for my wife.

Nice knives Cheesy and glad to hear your getting some use out of them already!

got a pic of that one AkMtnHntr? I have one very similar on order, i asked gene to make a #2 skinner 3 inches long with a handle from a #1 b&t. played with photochop to see what it would look like. wont be ready 'till January 2012

[Linked Image]
Here she is, # 2 semi with ivory linen micarta scales, S30V steel, SS pins and Genes handmade leather carry pouch. It made quick work of 1 dall sheep and a bull moose.

Attached picture #2 SEMI IVORY STAINLESS.JPG
Posted By: secretsquirrel Re: New Ingram - 12/15/09
NICE, how long is the blade?
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: New Ingram - 12/16/09
Looks like Gene has a cult following laugh
Posted By: RNF Re: New Ingram - 12/16/09
Very nice knives.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: New Ingram - 12/16/09
I believe I had him stretch it too 3". Gene makes some fantastic knives for sure and I'd love to have another # 2 semi as that blade pattern is definitley my favorite.
Posted By: D2Junky Re: New Ingram - 12/21/09
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Looks like Gene has a cult following laugh

Yeah......I drank the kool-aid 3 years ago. I have a few...kinda lost count and kinda don't wanna know cause I'm pretty sure theres an elk hunt or two in the display case. And a few more on the way.

B&T and #1 Semi are my favorites but I use the heck out of all of them.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: New Ingram - 12/21/09
and trust me, I don't mean that in a derogatory manner. His work looks absolutely beautiful, and the field reports tell a story of excellence when these beauties are at work.
Posted By: D2Junky Re: New Ingram - 12/22/09
I like them enough I pay the skinners to sit and watch instead of work....don't worry no offense taken. I wear one every day of my life and they get used hard.

Mr. Ingram is a stand up guy as well and, unfortunately, some of his best work never gets seen by anybody but the guy that ends up with the knife.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: New Ingram - 12/22/09
we knife loonies are blessed, we have a number of first tier makers available to us nowadays.
Gene is one, and you can add in e3ck here, Tim Olt, Wildswalker and others.
We are living in the golden age of knife acquisition.
Posted By: croldfort Re: New Ingram - 12/22/09
Nice knives, Scott. I have his #2 Semi with Desert Ironwood/Mosaic and the naked hippo, both in S30V. My newest blade is in stag from Tim Olt, (michiganroadkill). Life is good.
© 24hourcampfire