Home
I go weeks now, without seeing anyone else local, wearing a Buck 110 or another lock back in that distinctive belt pouch.
Is the old school lock back folder going the way of the dinosaur?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
These are by Buck, Uncle Henry, Case, Schrade and Parker
Posted By: MOGC Re: Old School Lock Back Folders - 05/15/11
I like the Buck 110/112 series of knives. I admit I don't pack them around all that much, but think they are a lot of knife for the money.

Buck 110 Custom Shop w/nickel bolsters, stag slabs, and BG42 blade...
[Linked Image]

Buck 110 Custom Shop w/nickel bolsters, buffalo slabs, and BG42 blade...
[Linked Image]

Buck Collectors Club 110 stag drop point...
[Linked Image]

"Buck Benza Ti"...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mink Re: Old School Lock Back Folders - 05/16/11
I have several Buck 110's and 112's, Scrade LB7's (USA), and my hip carry is a Puma Prince in a leather pouch.
Posted By: poboy Re: Old School Lock Back Folders - 05/16/11
I EDC a cheap Imperial, made in Ireland. Sanded down the plastic slabs a little for easy one hand opening. Can't beat it for trim carpentry- shim, pry and everything else. I would be lost without a belt knife. I like them a little smaller than the 110's for EDC. I am the only one I know, tho.
Posted By: Boise Re: Old School Lock Back Folders - 05/16/11
My Schrade LB7 is too heavy, a well made knife but more than I'm willing to carry - ever.
I have a 110 and a 112 and they are the best value in knives that I know of but a little heavy for me as I don't wear a belt. The light weight 110 paperstone is just right in the back pocket though.When I was a kid the 110 was the coolest knife made. The Duke boys always had theirs on.
Gene
Posted By: toad Re: Old School Lock Back Folders - 05/16/11
i had one of the big Bucks when i was a kid, but i quickly traded it for the Gerber Bolt Action when they came out.
I'm a long time fan of the Buck 110/112 lockback folding knives. I frequently carry a 110 in its leather belt pouch while working. I guess I'm a bit old school.
As a kid of the 80's, Bo and Luke made me want to carry a Buck. One of my fav's is still the titanium model.

However, I'm on Mr. Winston's list, so the Bucks will be gathering a bit of dust....
I have a Buck 110 Alaskan Guide with a Bos S30V blade. I use it for my belt carry backup when hunting. My outdoor knife is a little smaller Kershaw Gentleman's Lockback that has migrated into my jeans pocket.
Posted By: sse Re: Old School Lock Back Folders - 05/18/11
I love those Buck 110 customs...
© 24hourcampfire