Home
I'm considering buying this knife. Anyone have any experience with it? Thoughts on D2 vs S30V?
S30V is the shiza...
I have the large Bush Camp Knife and the smaller Jaeger Boning Knife, both in D2. I do not care much for their rubber sure grip handles, but the blades seem very good. They would be my knives that I would take on a hog hunt.

I have knives in D2 and S30V. Both are outstanding.

You might want to consider a custom knife from Tim Olt, Jason Winston, or Harvey King as an alternative to the factory Texas made KOA.
Good advise from croldfort, I would spend the money with a number of makers from this forum before a KOA. On the steel side I prefer S30V. Nothing wrong with D2.
Originally Posted by croldfort
I have the large Bush Camp Knife and the smaller Jaeger Boning Knife, both in D2. I do not care much for their rubber sure grip handles, but the blades seem very good. They would be my knives that I would take on a hog hunt.

I have knives in D2 and S30V. Both are outstanding.

You might want to consider a custom knife from Tim Olt, Jason Winston, or Harvey King as an alternative to the factory Texas made KOA.

How do you get in touch -- do they have websites?
I have or had many of the custom makers....the Alpha Wolf knife is a REAL nice one to add to a working collection. Much thinner and livelier(a real word?) in the hand. Not fan of any of the other KOA blades, but the Alpha Wolf is a winner. Do S30V if you can find one for a decent price
Jason Winston

David Winston

Tim Olt is on this forum as Michiganroadkill!!
I wouldn't mind a dupe of the Cub Bear in S30V with a slim micarta handle on it. Had one of theirs that looked like Ray Charles ground it....
R725

They all have sites, along with with Charles May and Gene Ingram. They are all better values than a factory KOA in my opinion, and I own all of them.

Just type in their name, followed by knives, in your search.
thanks -- I'll try that
Alpha wolf is one of my favorite working knives, it is one of only ones that holds an edge the longest! I am now trying to decide on my next KOA !
© 24hourcampfire