Home
Posted By: antlers Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

He used 1/8" ATS-34 to make this knife. The scales are burgundy colored G-10, he used black liners, and he uses 303 SS screws to attach the scales, and it has a full tapered tang. I really like everything about this knife, especially the tapered tang (my first). I like the mirror polished blade, the shape of the handle, the shape of the blade, and the overall ergonomics of the knife. it's a pleasure to just hold the knife in the hand. And the leather sheath is a knockout (I believe his wife made it).
Thanks for takin' a look.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
Wayne and his wife do excellent work. Good folks too! Your knife is really nice.
Posted By: captainzeke Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
Like that knife that is a great coler and mirror finish
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
Very nice knife!
Posted By: Mink Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
That's just plain slick. Love the profile of this knife. Going to have to invest in a B&T here soon.
Posted By: Boise Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
The more I see B&T designs the more I like them and this one of your's is a dandy. The blade appears to be longer than the 3 1/2 shot box - what are the dimensions?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
That is a great looking blade, i'd love to have one in white paper micarta to go with my Ingram Semi #2. I sent Mr Hendrix an e-mail over 2 weeks ago and have not heard back from him. What is the model # for that knife?
Posted By: Daveh Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
That is the best designed B&T I have seen, I'll say it appears to be a better design than Ingrams offering (I have 2-3)
Man Antlers you have the worst knife addiction I have seen....
Posted By: antlers Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/09/11
Originally Posted by Boise
What are the dimensions?

It has a 3 and 1/2 inch trailing point blade, and the OAL is 7 and 3/4 inches.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
What is the model # for that knife?

It's the Model #12, Small Bird or Trout Knife.
Originally Posted by Daveh

1. That is the best designed B&T I have seen.
2. Man Antlers you have the worst knife addiction I have seen....

1. I agree with ya'...it's certainly as good as any that I've seen.
2. I've been on a binge...there are worse vices a man could have. grin
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Hendrix Bird & Trout - 06/12/11
I usually go for more traditional handles such as stag or wood and don't care much for "manufactured". But by golly that there is a sweet looking blade and I really like the shape and color of that handle.

I have got to stop looking in on this knife forum so often, it could get costly.
© 24hourcampfire