Home
Posted By: VinceM Jerry McClure Hunters - 12/11/11
I am showcasing this little beauty by Jerry McClure of Oklahoma, here,in the "Knives & Blades" sub forum,here on the CampFire.
Jerry is a very accomplished maker,has won many awards,and teaches knifemaking as well.

This knife features slow twist Damascus steel blade of 15N20 ,1084 ,& W1,forged by Master Bladesmith Chris Marks.

410 stainless bolsters are engraved by Mike Tarango.

RH toole saddle grade leather sheath by Larry Parsons.

Handle scales are Cape Buffalo horn crown.

OAL is 7".Blade is 1/8" thick stock,3.25" from tip to bolster,with a 3" cutting edge. Fully tapered tang.

The makers price on this is $650.,and is available for purchase if you are interested,contact me.

Happy Holidays all & Enjoy the eye candy!
-Vince

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/VCM3/018-4.jpg[/img][img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/VCM3/021.jpg[/img]
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/11/11
Holly crap !!!!!
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/11/11
F'in WOW!
Posted By: VinceM Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/11/11
The price tag is shocking,but if you stop to realize the work & involvment of the craftsmen,it really is within reason.

Jerry's wife Sandy,has a website for knife handle materials from Africa.
-Vince
it aint sticker shock for me, its the beauty of such a fine piece of cutlery.
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
it aint sticker shock for me, its the beauty of such a fine piece of cutlery.

I doubt the Cape Buffalo horn scales are give away material,either. I could be wrong
Here's a slightly smaller knife,by about 1/4". Different blade profile,different engraving pattern,and Blue Mammoth Ivory. But everything ,components & craftsman,are the same as the Cape Buffalo Horn knife. $650.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/VCM3/044.jpg[/img]
again, WOW!
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/12/11
Jerry is known for his ultimate finishing. You will never find anything on his blades and all of his materials are top of the line that he uses on his knives.
Posted By: VinceM Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/15/11
Thanks all for the comments
The Mammoth knife is claimed by a member here on the Fire,Congrat's!

I found out from a knifemaker friend of mine, the Cape Buffalo is described as "crown".
On stag,it would be the first section of the round.You'll see a big bowie with a crown stag handle.
Well,this Cape Buffalo is scales,but,cut from the crown section & the texture on them,I'm told,is mainly on the crown section of the Cape Buffalo.

Good Stuff,Happy Holidays All,
-Vince
holly wow! amazing!!! i love them! way way way out of my meager budget but those are works of art!
Posted By: harvjr Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/16/11
NICE!!! Very nice, I have known Jerry for many years and he make some outstanding knives!!!
Posted By: Boise Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/16/11
Vince, you have excellent taste in blades. Seems everyone you ever post is a winner.
Posted By: Lorin Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/16/11
Ive had the pleasure of meeting Jerry and seeing some of his work and his shop here in OK. My hunting partner is related to Jerry and carries one of his knives, that has helped clean many a deer between us. Top quality knives.
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/16/11
The ivory on the bottom knife is outstanding. Jerry trys real hard maybe someday he will get good.
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Jerry McClure Hunter - 12/16/11
Mike has not been doing it for maybe a year. Jerry worked w/mike many years. While Mike is a young like myself, Jerry is a old hard ass! Mike hurt his back real bad while trying to kill rag heads several years ago on his second tour. Jerry got him interested in engraving and i think helped pay for his schooling. Mike is doing very very nice work and is becomeing one of the go to guys!
© 24hourcampfire