Home
Posted By: Mink Show me your EDC - 04/30/12
Just what the title says, lets see some pics folks.

Here is my current every day carry....a Benchmade Presidio 520 Plain Edge. Heavy-duty knife that is big enough to fill in for some fixed blade chores if needed.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: VinceM Re: Show me your EDC - 04/30/12
Tony Bose Zulu
4-1/8" closed
7-1/8" open
3" blade,2-3/4" cutting edge

[Linked Image]
Posted By: aablades Re: Show me your EDC - 04/30/12
Klotzli [img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Show me your EDC - 04/30/12
Buck Trapper croldfort gave me after seeing a post where I'd lost a similar one a few years back.

I like slipjoints. I've tried and tried to carry a knife with the pocket clip on it, I just can't do it. Knife, keys, change go in right pocket, phone goes in left pocket. If I use a knife on a clip, my hand always gets skinned up as I reach into pocket. [Linked Image]

Attached picture Buck Trapper.jpg
Posted By: Penguin Re: Show me your EDC - 04/30/12
I'm the same way Cheesy, plus I'm just plain old fashioned.

This little Queen mini trapper filled the role of EDC for almost 6 years. Pocket worn the old fashioned way. Now I have a little cigar pattern that I carry most of the time but this one still comes out occasionally.

[Linked Image]

This is my hiking knife. A little Queen canoe that has seen more hot, sweat filled hours in my pocket than any knife should have to endure. We've covered some miles together. If I am out in the woods covering some ground this one is in my pocket guaranteed.

[Linked Image]

Will
Posted By: troutfly Re: Show me your EDC - 04/30/12
No pics but I carry a Charlie May Tallahatchie that he built for me daily. Ipitched the specs last year and he ran with it. Veryy cool knife. Prior to this knife my EDC was his Swamp Oak for few years.
Posted By: VonGruff Re: Show me your EDC - 04/30/12
This is the one and only pocket knife i have made and haveing carried it for a few years now it is showing so.Liner lock in Titanium and 440 and originally I intended to inlet Greenstone (NZ Jade) into the handle but never got arround to it. Workss for me even if it is not to the standard the knife guys show here so often.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Von Gruff.
Posted By: antlers Re: Show me your EDC - 05/01/12
[Linked Image]

A Model SK by David Winston.
Posted By: Ron Re: Show me your EDC - 05/01/12
Charles May Handi-Scandi

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Show me your EDC - 05/01/12
Originally Posted by Penguin
This little Queen mini trapper filled the role of EDC for almost 6 years. [Linked Image] Will

I bought a D2 Queen with maple scales a couple years ago at AG Russell, thinking I was getting the trapper as that is what I'd pointed out to the lady. I wasn't paying attention as she put it in the box, got home and it was the dogleg jack in same finish. I don't like the smaller blade on the jack as compared to the two larger ones on the trapper. Next time I'm down there, I'll have to pick up the one I intended on originally.
Posted By: Ol` Joe Re: Show me your EDC - 05/02/12
What is in my pocket depends on the day and place. I like my A.J. Russel "Muskrat" style folder for dress but, usually carry a Benchmade Panther (IIRC the "name") for normal daily activities.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Penguin Re: Show me your EDC - 05/02/12
I have a full sized D2 trapper from Queen and it is the most well constructed knife I believe I've seen. Of course that was before GEC split off and the employee sniping started but Queen still puts together some real quality knives. I only use the knife for processing deer but its edge holding ability is amazing. Hope you enjoy yours buddy.

Will
Posted By: saddlering Re: Show me your EDC - 05/02/12
A new one! treeman Mini Ultra Phalanx[Linked Image]
Posted By: Walker Re: Show me your EDC - 05/03/12
[Linked Image]

Mine's a MooreMaker "even-ended trapper", like this one.
1095 steel, 4 1/8" closed, made by Queen Cutlery.
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Show me your EDC - 05/04/12
Small Sebenza
[Linked Image]

Brad Duncan Whiplash

[Linked Image]
duncan whiplash 3 by weimsnks, on Flickr

Posted By: Murphda2 Re: Show me your EDC - 05/04/12
THis is the knife I have been carrying for the past few months. I initially designed it as a practical utility knife I would carry on my deployment to Afghanistan, but the deployment was cancelled. It now rides my belt each day.

This is one of my designs which was made by M.S., Jim Crowell and myself. It looks a bit rough in the photo as I've been carrying it for about six months now.

Blade:3.25" (Prototypes are 0-1 and all other have been made of 1095)
Handle: 3.25" (Brown Canvas Micarta)
OAL: 6.5"
Sheath: 0.06" Kydex w/Lrg Tek-Lok in cross draw configuration

[Linked Image]
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Show me your EDC - 05/04/12
On the left is my "light duty" EDC. It is a Schrade "Old Timer" model 120T, along with a Ruger LC9.

On the right, is my "heavy duty" EDC. It consists of a custom blade that my brother made for me along with a S&W 45.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: fshaw Re: Show me your EDC - 05/05/12
Yesterday a Blade Tech Ganyana, today a Spyderco Stretch 2 carbon fiber ZPD-189, Recently a BladeTech Pro Hunter and a Spyderco Gayle Bradley. I'll post pictures in a day or so. Also just got a Dozier Yukon Pro Skinner and have been carrying it in a pocket.

Frank
Posted By: nimrod1949 Re: Show me your EDC - 05/05/12
used to carry a Benchmade
[Linked Image]

but know I carry one I made
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TxDeerHunter Re: Show me your EDC - 05/06/12
Every day i carry an old Case Sodbuster, it's seen better days, but i love it.
Posted By: toad Re: Show me your EDC - 05/06/12
timberlite or Ingram

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cra1 Re: Show me your EDC - 05/06/12
i dont have a pic but i carry the first fix blade i made, its about 7 inches with micarta handles, and a leatherman wave. my five year old carrys a kissing crane sodbuster that his granddad gave him, my wife carrys a winchester 2 bladed trapper that was my granddads
Posted By: willowcreek1996 Re: Show me your EDC - 05/07/12
An old native

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NMpistolero Re: Show me your EDC - 05/08/12
Here are mine in the off-season. Blade-tech Ganyana and a Case damascus muskrat.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RDW Re: Show me your EDC - 05/08/12
Originally Posted by willowcreek1996
An old native

[Linked Image]

I carried a Native for almost a decade, still carry it often.
Posted By: vairboy Re: Show me your EDC - 05/12/12
My current EDC setup. Benchmade makes a great product. I would love to be able to shell out the cash for a Presidio like the original poster, especially the auto-opener. This Griptilian has done me well for over 6 years now.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Odessa Re: Show me your EDC - 05/13/12
I alternate between four or five pocketknives for EDC use. The two that I grab most often are these;

Old Cutler 4" Texas Jack, a higher end, but still work-a-day knife, made by Colonial in the 70's.

[Linked Image]

Frontier 3-1/4" Stockman, a higher end, blue-collar pocketknife made by Imperial from 1975-1980.

[Linked Image]

I just acquired this old (36-52 era) Imperial 3-3/8" jack-knife in the Easy Open configuration, been carrying it for the past few days - nice old bone handles and great snap for an old knife.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fshaw Re: Show me your EDC - 05/13/12
NM Pistolero if you ever get tired of that Ganyana I'll give you a fair price for it. great knife and had to find in S30V now-a-days.

Frank
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Show me your EDC - 05/17/12
Every day carry:
Pocket - John W Smith Evolution...the maroon micarta is starting to get some character
Neck - Charles May Bob White

On the farm or woods bumming carry - Charles May Skifa...with as much as it's used it has no choice but to have character

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: antlers Re: Show me your EDC - 05/17/12
I guess that's blue G-10 on that Bobwhite. It looks real good. Did you order that scandi grind on that knife?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Show me your EDC - 05/17/12
Yep. Blued G10 with black liners, hollow pins, and scandi grind S30V.
© 24hourcampfire