Home
Posted By: VinceM Larry Parsons Leather - 07/30/12
This old knife of mine was rehandled by an old timer knifemaker I know.
I. Wilson was a Sheffield knife Co.,but in the buffalo killing period,it was asked for by name.
It seems the
Shear Steel" was at the time,high performance.

Not so much about the knife,but I wanted to get a scabbard for it. Larry whipped this one up,Buffalo hide

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: antlers Re: Larry Parsons Leather - 07/31/12
That guy consistently does the best work I've seen. Even his plain Jane sheaths are awesome.
Posted By: ljparsons Re: Larry Parsons Leather - 07/31/12
Vince, thanks for the compliments. Antlers you too and I see others from time to time. Leather has been my main stay in life since 1977. I've made my sole living from it and I still can't wait to get to my shop and do more. Larry.
PS, I probably don't get it done fast enoughto suit everyone but I usually get there!
Posted By: VinceM Re: Larry Parsons Leather - 07/31/12
I'm going to add a picture of my kitchen knives with thier Parsons sheaths tomorrow.

It should be something cool to see
Thanks Larry,Awesome job as usual.-Vince
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Larry Parsons Leather - 07/31/12
Hey Larry welcome to the campfire. Beautiful work. I really like the buffalo hide look on that one.
Posted By: Monashee Re: Larry Parsons Leather - 07/31/12
Welcome Larry,I only have one of your sheaths(for a Krein Ultimate Caper)but I consider it to be just as much of a piece of artwork as the knife itself.Cheers,Monashee
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Larry Parsons Leather - 07/31/12
Originally Posted by antlers
That guy consistently does the best work I've seen. Even his plain Jane sheaths are awesome.

I totally agree. I've only one(catfish knife) but its very nice.
I'm a former chef,so,knives in the kitchen is a big deal to me.
My wife has a small quill knife in maple,by Rick,a gift,and I have one large chef on order,these two are not in the picture.

But here is all my other knives for kitchen,fish & meat processing. Mostly by Menefee,a Dowell & 2 Bose in there,too

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Larry Parsons Leather - 07/31/12
bastid. Nobody should have that much good lookin' kitchen cutlery as well as all that great lookin' leather from Larry.
Pretty sure those are compiled from going back 3 plus years
© 24hourcampfire