Home
Posted By: rdinak The magic email from Gene - 01/11/13
your new knife is ready-Bullnose Hunter with grips to match another two he made me.

[Linked Image]
WOW!
Posted By: EricM Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/11/13
That looks super cool! What material is that?

I have a bullnose skinner and they work very well! Use that bad boy!!

Eric
Suh-wheat! smile

Love it.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/11/13
Looks like Desert Ironwood to me.
Posted By: woodson Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/12/13
Beautiful!
Posted By: Mink Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/12/13
Very nice.
Posted By: georged Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/16/13
Well of course you can't forget the two knives that represent the genesis of the new Gene.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

grin
Info on those please!
Posted By: TheDude Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/17/13
That is some pretty spectacular wood....especially in the first photo, what type of wood is it?
Posted By: rdinak Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/17/13
The wood is Desert Ironwood. The Steel is D2 Tool Steel.

A long time ago, in a small town far, far away...A father and son went to visit the Jedi Master. The Jedi Master spent many hours talking and answering questions of the two travelers.

Before it was over, the number one son was allowed to view every piece of wood in Gene's inventory. He carefully selected the exact piece of wood he wanted for his dream knife. The father asked for a matched pair to be made to celebrate a life event. The master delivered the two knives shown above..

and then one night...the father surfed the net and developed yet another craving. He called upon the Jedi Master to see if he could come close to matching the wood on the first two knives for a third knife. The Master said I can come close. Hence the third knife was commissioned. The end result exceeded everyone's expectations.

Gene crossed space and time to make a matched set of three knives. Each with a story to tell.

And now the great burden of planning ahead is upon us. There is nothing left in the que. What shall we order next...Our dream is simple. when one comes in....go ahead and order the next one so you have something to look forward to next year.
Posted By: georged Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/17/13
That is indeed what happened. For any and all who may have the opportunity to visit Gene Ingram, I whole-heartedly recommend a pilgrimage.

#1 Drop point in S30V Mosaic pins and Spalted Maple Burl grin
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Ole_270 Re: The magic email from Gene - 01/17/13
That one looks to be a twin to mine. Great knife
© 24hourcampfire