Home
Posted By: VinceM Stag Patch ala VCM - 01/29/13
So,I like small knives. I like this knife blank I get,it's a Russell Harrington Green River forged carbon. This Co. offers these blanks,they are some of the patterns that were out there in the late 1800's early 1900's.
Anyhow I did a few with wood but wanted to try to get stag scales on one. I did not concentrate too much on the pre sizing of the scales,and I did not even use some premium stag,this is decent.I figured there was a VERY BIG possibility I'd wreck out on the hafting ceremony.I really did not concentrate on fit & finish I just went with it,the pins is what had my attention.
1/8" domed/peened,"proud" pins,they expand at the head to just under 3/16" and I think the scales are on there for a good while
I actually surprised myself ,check this out........

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

top of handle
[Linked Image]

butt
[Linked Image]

bottom of spine shot
[Linked Image]

cool little stag knife

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/VCM3/My%20blade%20creations/030-1.jpg[/img]
Posted By: njs1230 Re: Stag Patch ala VCM - 01/29/13
That really looks great Vince!!!
Posted By: cranky72 Re: Stag Patch ala VCM - 01/29/13
vince i have the same knife with purple heart but not as good as your fit. those blades are real good carbon steel.--cranky72
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Stag Patch ala VCM - 01/29/13
I like the domed pins.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Stag Patch ala VCM - 01/30/13
Looks good Vince. I did a Green River ripper and a camp knife.....
Posted By: Boise Re: Stag Patch ala VCM - 01/30/13
I like it, bet it would be handy in the kitchen. I could see it setting nicely on a cheese board.
Posted By: MarkFed Re: Stag Patch ala VCM - 01/31/13
Looks like you could shave with it, patch knife/straight razor.
© 24hourcampfire