Home
Posted By: Mannlicher My new Busse Combat - 03/18/13
Bought one of the 20th year Anniversary Mean Street knives when they were first announced. Took about a month, but it arrived today.
I had them apply their 'double cut' finish, which as a bead blasted look. Black Micarta scales, double thick liners.
The handle is still too short, too thin, but I can live with it. Wish they offered knives that fit 'real men'. lol
This will make a great little bird and trout knife. The convex edge is, as I have said before, sharper than my ex wife's tongue. The INFI steel holds an edge too, and resists stains to some extent. Probably about like a good D2 blade.
I need to send it out to Dwayne, at Armoralleather for a horizontal cross draw sheath.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: My new Busse Combat - 03/18/13
A Busse that is actually useful.
Posted By: antlers Re: My new Busse Combat - 03/18/13
I'm liking that one a bunch. It looks real doggone beefy. Set ya' back a bunch...?
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: My new Busse Combat - 03/18/13
knife, upgrades such as bead blasting and some handle stuff, plus a sheath, will run in the neighborhood of $325 or so.

The steel is fairly thin, at .155 inches.

This is the second Busse I have picked up. Most of their stuff is too 'fantasy' or'tactical' for me, and yes, they have a rabid group of fan boys.
The first was a CABS, that I had rehandled in Bocote wood, and now this one. Smaller, useful knives that are suitable for woods work as well as processing dead critters.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kutenay Re: My new Busse Combat - 03/19/13
I have about 15 good knives, most fine customs, but, I will say that I would be most happy to use one of those for my main working bush blade.

I agree, my buddy packs one or two of the large Busse blades, damn good stuff, but, I have never wanted or had a blade over 4.5" in over a half century of BC outdoors stuff.

I actually prefer a 3" blade of about exactly that profile and there is very little one cannot do with it.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: My new Busse Combat - 03/19/13
I agree with you completely. This blade is 3.5 inches, and that is really all I need to do most work afield.
Posted By: cranky72 Re: My new Busse Combat - 03/19/13

[Linked Image]
3 in. blade with horizontal kydex; relieved the bevel to make it a better cutter. i agree that busse makes good steel but a 3 in. knife & a mini g.f. hatchet make just as effective bush carry w/o all that x-tra weight of many larger busses.--cranky72
Posted By: CWD Re: My new Busse Combat - 03/19/13
I have a LE Mean Street on order; #275 with tan micarta.
© 24hourcampfire