Home
Posted By: Droptine CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/08/14
First time I've used any and I think they turned out nice. Who knew?
Satin finished CMP-154 with blue Norway Spruce Cone scales with bear track mosiac pins. 7 7/8" overall and 3 3/8" tip to scales. I've still got to put the edge on it and mark it then it's off to it's new home. Those are reflections on the blade, not discoloration.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RenoH414 Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/08/14
That's some pretty neat scales. I can't say that I have seen that before. Very nice work sir.

Reno
You sure make your handle hand friendly.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/08/14
That is an interesting effect.
I really like those scales

Thanks for sharing
Posted By: cranky72 Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/08/14
great imagination to try such unique material. cranky72
Posted By: rattler Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/08/14
wow thats almost a neater effect than the mammoth tooth, not ivory, scales ive seen used.....prolly a whole lot easier to work with aswell.....
Posted By: antlers Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/08/14
That's just a cool knife all the way around. I think the ergonomics look great...that handle matches the blade profile perfectly. Very nice job.
Very classy knife, sir.
I have used a couple sets of the Spruce Cone scales. They finish really nicely, and I really like the smell that fills the air while working with it.
Very nice knife.
Posted By: rattler Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/09/14
ive come back to look at this knife a dozen times so far and every time i look at it i like it more....wish i had the cash to have you make one for me.....it is a really cook handle material....
If you guys got your pine cone scales from Mike at Wood Labs, they probably came from my back yard trees.
He sells materials to Jantz and some others plus at shows.
They look cool both ways. Inside out and outside in.
Nice knife and blade work Droptine.
Tim
Posted By: Droptine Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/10/14
I'll have to check him out. Thanks!
Posted By: Droptine Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/10/14
Originally Posted by rattler
ive come back to look at this knife a dozen times so far and every time i look at it i like it more....wish i had the cash to have you make one for me.....it is a really cool handle material....

They aren't that expensive and it would be 12 to 14 weeks before it would be ready anyway so you'd have time to stash some cash!
Posted By: antlers Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/10/14
Originally Posted by Droptine
ive come back to look at this knife a dozen times so far and every time i look at it i like it more....wish i had the cash to have you make one for me.....it is a really cool handle material....

They aren't that expensive and it would be 12 to 14 weeks before it would be ready anyway so you'd have time to stash some cash!

Just Do It rattler...!
Posted By: rattler Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/10/14
phuggin enablers all of you........
Posted By: remfak Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/13/14
Originally Posted by Droptine

Price?
Posted By: Droptine Re: CPM-154 and Norway Spruce - 04/13/14
PM sent.
© 24hourcampfire