Home
On my last bout of living in Miami, I traveled light. Instead of the usual 6 folders and 3 or 4 fixed blades, I took just one, and a Leatherman.
I did not even take one of the better knives, but a little orange Zancuda frame lock, in AUS8. Dang thing cut everything that needed cutting, stayed razor sharp, and gave no issues.
Maybe I need to rethink this business of having 300 knives around the house.
[Linked Image]

..........nah, laugh
Hell, I never even leave the house without at least 2 pocketknifes cool
Sam As you know. A man that has to many knives will always buy another.
Don't let deception get you Sam....you needs choices...:)
Almost started to worry about ya there for a second Sam
I ordered a new trapper from GEC, as I was feeling all out of sorts after that trip last week. laugh
You love those ESEEs dontcha.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
On my last bout of living in Miami, I traveled light. Instead of the usual 6 folders and 3 or 4 fixed blades, I took just one, and a Leatherman.
I did not even take one of the better knives, but a little orange Zancuda frame lock, in AUS8. Dang thing cut everything that needed cutting, stayed razor sharp, and gave no issues.
Maybe I need to rethink this business of having 300 knives around the house.
[Linked Image]

..........nah, laugh

You need a set of those in assorted colors.
lol. I have two, one with a black handle, and this one. For the money, they are pretty skookum.
Truth be told - this little story has me checking this little knife out.

Will be another month till I get it, but still...
Originally Posted by Ready
Truth be told - this little story has me checking this little knife out.

Will be another month till I get it, but still...

just bought one off the 'bay. looks good for $30.

knives are like flashlights, never enough of them
word!!!
mine came into today. Nice knife for the cabbage.

I like aus-8 in cheap knives, seems easier to maintain than the 440 that other brands use.
[Linked Image]

Great little knife. EDC. Thanks.
Funny how when you only carry one knife it works perfectly for whatever tasks you have.

As far as reasonably priced EDC's, my Kershaw oso sweet keeps amazing me for an under $30 knife

[Linked Image]

All this attention to knives and over-advertising by a member, and I find I have a few, but consider them more of a tool than art. I have a few Kauffman knives which are actually hand made and not blanks with customized handles.

He heat treats, then freezes them, using the best steel available. I asked him to modify one of his designs by adding a larger finger groove and extended hilt. Dave made it that way for me and it works great.

I asked one of the advertisers here about the same option with some insane wood, but was met with little enthusiasm and also find him incapable of a modification due to blanks that are purchased then finished with wood and sharpened.

Anyhow, I won't buy or need any knives from the campfire as Dave has made the few that I need, just the way I like them...

[Linked Image]
This whole thing on the classifieds and about Vince have gotten out of hand if you got nothing good to say shut your trap, Vince and other knife makers on this forum happen to become good friends and are super honest and hard working fellows trying to make a living and are some of the best in the business at what they do, some really need to get a life, your post is not appreciated coming on the knife forum and advertising your knife then slamming the makers that post here is not cool in my books, for what its worth i like that pattern but not that big ole finger guard it stands out like a big old wart on someone's face.
The mob mentality runs amock on the fire from time to time, even with its eye focused on those that don't deserve it. Some seasoned members of the Fire have been coming up very small.
Yep, not impressed! I guess not enough beatings when a child, you can act big behind a keyboard!
Originally Posted by shrapnel

All this attention to knives and over-advertising by a member, and I find I have a few, but consider them more of a tool than art. I have a few Kauffman knives which are actually hand made and not blanks with customized handles.

He heat treats, then freezes them, using the best steel available. I asked him to modify one of his designs by adding a larger finger groove and extended hilt. Dave made it that way for me and it works great.

I asked one of the advertisers here about the same option with some insane wood, but was met with little enthusiasm and also find him incapable of a modification due to blanks that are purchased then finished with wood and sharpened.

Anyhow, I won't buy or need any knives from the campfire as Dave has made the few that I need, just the way I like them...

[Linked Image]
chuck you are indeed a piece of work or fecal material.

Ps to the op nice folder
try not to let that information go public....someday I'll have to sell my stash...

I'm scratching my head. I know I am not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but golly, now did a simple post about using an expensive folder morph into a screed against 'campfire knife smiths? shocked
I know, that was not your intent, nor was I wanting to contribute.

Just thought to check out that little, cheap BRK on your recommendation and enjoy it.

If talking about a servicable, industrial grade item and liking it, is allready seen as an invert statement against highgrade items and their manufacturers, than this place has taken a turn down - lower than the OPTICS FORUM.

I refuse to believe that.

[Linked Image]

Good looking knife, there.

Anybody seen Mr. Menefee or is he still traveling the highroad?
" Anybody seen Mr. Menefee or is he still traveling the highroad? "

What are you implying ? What does that mean ?
Originally Posted by rickmenefee

[Linked Image]
chuck you are indeed a piece of work or fecal material.

Ps to the op nice folder

Emphasis mine. I was being facetiously sarcastic.
Gotcha
Thank you. Really have no dog in this fight(s). I came here for the knives.

Thank you BTW, for introducing me the Mike E Miller and his knives.

Any time. I think that post by shrapnel was un cool insinuating of another maker using pre cut blanks. I think shrapnel should get a knife grinder & try to make a knife himself. I bet he couldn't make one out of a pop sickle stick. Also,putting that post in this thread,makes no sense to me
Originally Posted by VinceM

Any time. I think that post by shrapnel was un cool insinuating of another maker using pre cut blanks. I think shrapnel should get a knife grinder & try to make a knife himself. I bet he couldn't make one out of a pop sickle stick. Also,putting that post in this thread,makes no sense to me

Wait a minute now,I think it'd be kinda hard to make a knife out of a popsickle stick. blush
That would certainly present challenge.
if I could close this dog's breakfast of a thread, I would.
© 24hourcampfire