Home
Posted By: Lawdwaz Happy Birthday WR CASE - 07/23/14
http://wivb.com/2014/07/23/pennsylvania-cutlery-firm-celebrates-125-years/

BRADFORD, Pa. (AP) � A northwestern Pennsylvania cutlery firm is celebrating its 125th anniversary, along with $10 million in renovations to its plant.

W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co. was formed by four brothers in 1889 in upstate New York. The company moved to Bradford, Pennsylvania � its current location about 130 miles northeast of Pittsburgh � in 1905.

The company is now owned by Zippo Manufacturing Co., which makes the iconic cigarette lighters best known for their distinctive metal cases.

As part of Wednesday�s anniversary celebration, Zippo is spending nearly $10 million to renovate the Case Cutlery factory, which was built in 1975. That plant is the third built by case since it relocated to Bradford.

More than 2,000 U.S. stores are authorized Case dealers, including Cabela�s, Bass Pro, Field & Stream and Dick�s Sporting Goods.
Posted By: VinceM Re: Happy Birthday WR CASE - 07/23/14
Cool I hope you do not mind Lawdwaz , I duplicated this thread on BF's . None of the experts over there seemed to know about this. Heh heh
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Happy Birthday WR CASE - 07/24/14

I like Case knives. I always give them as gifts at Christmas.
Thanks for that reminder.
Posted By: Mesa Re: Happy Birthday WR CASE - 07/24/14
I love Case knives ever since my mother gave me plain 4" clip point hunter for Christmas when I was 8.

Now I give them to myself, anytime I feel like it. My favorite patterns are the Medium Toothpick, the Canoe (and its kid, the Baby Butterbean) in folders, and the Finn 5" in a sheath knife.

The one my Mom gave me was an "Ideal" pattern (very like the ones Marbles used to make), and I wish Case would reintroduce that pattern, especially in 5".

Long live W.R. Case and Sons!!!
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Happy Birthday WR CASE - 07/24/14
Originally Posted by VinceM
Cool I hope you do not mind Lawdwaz , I duplicated this thread on BF's . None of the experts over there seemed to know about this. Heh heh

For you Vince, no problem!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Happy Birthday WR CASE - 07/25/14
a long read, but lots of info on the Case knife company

http://www.iknifecollector.com/group/casefans/page/the-history-of-wr-case-sons-and-related-companies
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Happy Birthday WR CASE - 07/25/14
I like Case knives. I hope they continue to prosper.
© 24hourcampfire