Home
Posted By: VinceM I've got it too ! - 07/23/14
The dammed disease. Just 'cause I peddle blades,you know, I've been bitten by that knife bug away long time ago. Just setting things straight.
So come on,sign in & introduce yourself.
My name is Vince & I'm a knifeaholic. blush
Posted By: RickyBobby Re: I've got it too ! - 07/23/14
I'm trying like he11 to not be a knifeaholic, but it ain't easy! I've been bit.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: I've got it too ! - 07/23/14
Guilty as charged. grin
Posted By: VinceM Re: I've got it too ! - 07/23/14
it has taken me a while for the realization to set in. But if it were not for blades incoming all the time , I'm afraid I would have drove myself to madness , a long time ago,and gone off the deep edge
Posted By: michiganroadkill Re: I've got it too ! - 07/24/14
I am just an "Accumulator" of stuff. In my personal case it is an inherited trait and I declare it not to be a disease.
But the rest of you may need some group therapy, professional help, or???
How many knives I have is no secret, just an issue of unavailable substantiated data.
I do like this website.
jmho
Tim
Posted By: RDFinn Re: I've got it too ! - 07/24/14
I know from lots of self help programs that you are supposed to take responsibility for various addictions, but I'm still going to blame Vince for my custom knife addiction. I started out with custom fixed blade knives and I remember Vince talking lots about custom folders. I remember saying something to the effect that they didn't interest me. I now admit that I am powerless over slipjoint knives as well.
Posted By: troutfly Re: I've got it too ! - 07/24/14
Gotta admit to being a knife addict too. And Charlie May is my dealer. But I do have knives from a couple of makers here at the "Fire as well. Have recently added GB Axes to my addiction........what a way to go!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: I've got it too ! - 07/25/14
I am NOT a collector. I am NOT stricken with 'collector's mania'.
I do, however, buy a knife from time to time. laugh

no denial here at all. smile
Posted By: Frm Re: I've got it too ! - 07/25/14
Vince, What are you trying to say . . . you are dealing to support your habit? Mike
Posted By: VinceM Re: I've got it too ! - 07/25/14
Originally Posted by Frm
Vince, What are you trying to say . . . you are dealing to support your habit? Mike

I guess it's like a public confession from deep within

I hope , I helped others,though
Posted By: j2dogs Re: I've got it too ! - 07/26/14
My name is Jack, and I am a knifeaholic.
It started out simple and innocent enough an occasional knife here and there. You know, only what was socially acceptable.
That was then, now it is something dark and irreversible. I have belt grinders, and grinding belts hid everywhere. I spend my paycheck at Aldos pub of fine steels.
My friends just shake their heads as they see me rummaging through 2nd hand stores looking for canvas to make my own micarta.I come home stinking of steel my wife says. My descent into knife madness has no END!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: picturerock Re: I've got it too ! - 08/01/14
I check the classified sections several times a day, even at work, to see what might have come up for sale. I've got about ten nice hunting knives I've bought over the years, and a dozen pocketknives to boot, both custom and hardware store variety. Everytime I go in an antique store with the wife, I check whether they have any knives. Does that make me a knifeaholic? Yes it does.
© 24hourcampfire