Home
Posted By: coyote268 Buck 317 - 11/22/14
Loaned mine to a friend to clean up a Buck I just harvested on his ranch. My leg was dinged up so he field dressed it and cleaned it up for me. Liked my 317 so much for field dressing out a Deer he asked where he could get one. In a fit of stupidity, I gave him mine. Now I have to find another one. Anybody have one at a decent price? I know ebay has some but they are out of my price range. HELP!!!
Posted By: DaleAtkerson Re: Buck 317 - 11/22/14
Might pick up a Old Timer or Uncle Henry of the same style. If you have a big enough tear in your eye, I bet he'll trade.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Buck 317 - 11/26/14
There are several Buck 317 knives for sale currently on E Bay. The prices and conditions vary.
Posted By: Odessa Re: Buck 317 - 11/27/14
The old Buck 317 (made by Camillus) seem to run around $100 in NOS condition. The Buck was a stainless steel knife, so you may try the current Case version - it's also stainless.

http://www.casexx.com/Details/?ProductCode=189&Patid=21
Posted By: Sherwood Re: Buck 317 - 11/27/14
Marble's still makes their large two blade folding hunter. Quality steel and edge holding capability are quite good; I really like my Marble's.

Buck 317 (used) knives typically sell for about $65.

Sherwood
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Buck 317 - 11/27/14
Odessa,

Good suggestion on the Case and I really appreciate that link.

Gents,

The nice 317's that I have come across are selling for higher prices than stated here. On the other hand being in the right place at the right time is an advantage.

Posted By: Blackheart Re: Buck 317 - 11/28/14
Get the Case folding hunter with the CV {chrome vanadium} steel blades. It will hold an edge longer than the stainless version or the Buck.
© 24hourcampfire