Home
Posted By: troutfisher13111 Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
Are there any Dozier fans on this forum? I have owned a few over the years and have always liked his designs for a hunting knife. This one is on its way to me right now

[Linked Image]

Posted By: passport Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
I like em, used a Crotts this year..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MOGC Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
Bob Dozier knives were my first customs. I got bit by the bug and went on a Dozier tear trying a bunch of different models, ect. I found the Dozier family and shop to be great down home people that always conducted themselves with class and cared about their customers.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
His knife designs are simple and practical for knives that are made to be used and relied upon. I like D2 steel and an a fan of his well crafted knives.
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
great knives
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
Better tools
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
That is a great looking knife....

Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
Agreed. Not much bling, just solid workhorses....
Thanks gentleman. I am a little worried about the finger grooves, I will just have to wait and see.
Not a fan but respect his work. Agree with Rick its a good tool. For the prices they lack the attention to small details in my opinion.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
I have a YPS in sheephorn that is my favorite hunting knife. Mine is in a Wilderness sheath which I highly recommend if you get one.
Posted By: toad Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/06/14
I've a few. I like 'em

[Linked Image]
I've got several of Bob's knifes and have talked to him several times at the the. Tulsa Gunshow, and usually buy at least one from him there ever year.

Just got an email from him a week ago, and he's finally starting a custom knife I ordered 3 years ago!
Used to be you could get one you ordered from him in 6 to 8 months, but those days are LONG gone!
Toad, is that K2 red or orange?
Posted By: toad Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/07/14
it is orange G10
Posted By: geedubya Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/07/14
I've had a few follow me home........

[Linked Image]

including a Crotts.

Best,

GWB
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/08/14
I've had a couple dozen Doziers, and on the internet fora been pretty critical of a couple that had what I considered serious flaws...but...one that I have is the best pure skinner I've ever owned among over 350 customs. I have it paired with a custom Ingram variant as a "whammer":

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/08/14
Also, one of my most used capers is a custom Dozier, though it's now retired since another maker whipped up one to my own specs (top, you can see how beat to crap it is sick):

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jwill350 Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/10/14
The only Dozier I have is a Canoe model, and I really like it.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/10/14
That Canoe Knife from Dozier is a small game knife deluxe!
Posted By: jwill350 Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/10/14
Yep.
What do you guys think of Crotts compared to Dozier? I assume the steel and heat treat are the same, but as far as in hand feel and performance how do they compare?
Posted By: antlers Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/13/14
I think they're quite similar for the most part. I had Dan Crotts make me a custom caper and it was not like anything I'd seen from Dozier though. Same goes for a custom hunter he made for me...I think Oregon Muley has it now. Crotts makes good stuff, as does Dozier.
My new Crotts, I believe it's what he calls his model 1
[Linked Image]
Posted By: robertacabin Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/20/14
Very nice. I have a Crofts bird-trout with same color micarta handle. I think you will be pleased with his work.
Posted By: slingshot Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/20/14
I'm a big fan. Always head for Bob's tables at Blade first and usually end up buying something. I have five Dozier fixed blades. I don't attend Blade every year. First it was Randall's and then it was Doziers with other customs thrown into the mix.
Originally Posted by robertacabin
Very nice. I have a Crofts bird-trout with same color micarta handle. I think you will be pleased with his work.

Thanks. I prefer this design to any of the Doziers I have had. It's more of a less fancy, straight forward drop point.
Posted By: add Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/22/14
[Linked Image]

Have a couple for sale here (shameless plug smile ):

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9436943/Doziers#Post9436943
Posted By: INTHEMTNS Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/23/14
I have had both and are very similar, but I am sure Dan is behind a lot of the patterns, I believe he runs the Dozier shop, he is a great dude to deal with I had like 12 customs made up from him and I am sure he works out of his own shop when making his own stuff, a really great guy and very easy to talk to and flexible with patterns, I have always respected his work, his wait time is long but he a busy guy at Dozier shop, in my opinion I think you will get a more detailed finished knife with Dan because it is him building it no one else, my two bits.
Posted By: robertacabin Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/23/14
Love that canoe knife with the nice stag. If you ever tire of that one, let me know.
Posted By: add Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/23/14
Originally Posted by robertacabin
Love that canoe knife with the nice stag. If you ever tire of that one, let me know.

[Linked Image]
Ooooh dat be's gorgeous!
Posted By: MOGC Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/23/14
add,
Did you reprofile the tip?
Posted By: add Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/23/14
Originally Posted by MOGC
add,
Did you reprofile the tip?

No, tip is all there.
Just hiding under the grouse's neck plumage. smile
Posted By: MOGC Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/23/14
Ahhh... Beautiful little knife and quite useful.
The Crotts was a little too blocky for my liking, so I have a Dozier K4 Straight Hunter on the way.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 12/27/14
I like the Straight Hunter...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MOGC Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 01/02/15
Nice, I have used one for years. Just sold one this fall to a guy here on the 'Fire. He is an elk hunting fool, it'll be bloody often. smile
Posted By: bangeye Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 01/06/15
I bought one of the boker plus Dozier design models . A pretty nice knife for the $. Unzipped my buddies deer in short order this fall.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 01/06/15
Originally Posted by troutfisher13111
[Linked Image]

You sold that knife alread? That's the second brand new Dozier I noticed you sold about as soon as you got it. Are you sure you like Dozier knives? smile
A couple of them. I won't keep one I am not satisfied with.
Posted By: antlers Re: Any Dozier fans here? - 01/14/15
I talked with Kerry at Dozier Knives this morning and she said right now, if one placed an order with them, the wait time for the order to go into production is approximately 3 years. Wow...!
© 24hourcampfire