Home
Posted By: Hugh Spyderco - 01/07/15
Just bought the Spyderco Endura 4 light weight flat ground.Anyone ever used one ? Have not gotten it in the mail yet.I have & do own a lot of custom knives.first one made in japan for me will be a work knife.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Spyderco - 01/08/15
I've been carrying a Spyderco in one version or another ever since they first came out. The Japanese people know how to make good steel and have been doing so for years. Be aware, as there are also some Tiawan Spyderco models, also.

I've always been a knife junkie and own one from just about every mfg that makes good knifes. Also have a lot of really nice Customs.

But for the money, I don't think you can beat the quality of a Spyderco for just an everyday carry knock around knife. I also really like their sharpening system, with the triangular ceramic sticks. I use them on all my knifes, too.
Posted By: Hugh Re: Spyderco - 01/08/15
Thanks looking forward to getting it.
Posted By: cranky72 Re: Spyderco - 01/12/15
spyderco in the endura models is a best buy. i own several & swear by the zdp189 alloy. recent models in s30, 90v, & 110v have had spotty quality control, my 110v was'nt heattreated but the factory did do the knife over , however it was'nt a super performor .i think spydie does best working with their earlier tried & proven alloys. cranky72
Posted By: TDC Re: Spyderco - 01/12/15
I have an endura as well as the smaller delica and a couple of their higher end knives. The endura is a nice lightweight knife, great slicer, and I really like the vg-10 steel.
Posted By: Robster Re: Spyderco - 01/12/15
Big Spyderco fan here as well. As a matter of fact, I actually wore out the police model. used and sharpened so many times I was into the stock portion of the blade.

Your going to be very happy with your purchase
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Spyderco - 01/14/15
Some of the best high end Spyderco knives come from Taiwan. They are easily as well made as anything out of Seki City. The Southard Ti frame flipper, is made in Taiwan. Steel is CTS-204P
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TDC Re: Spyderco - 01/14/15
Yep, the Taichung made knives are great. I have a sage 1 and a gayle bradley and the quality is impressive.
Posted By: willowcreek1996 Re: Spyderco - 01/14/15
[Linked Image]

I've carried a Native for about 1.25" or 12 years. I lost it for a month or so and replaced it. Buying a replacement knife is about like going to the restroom while you're waiting for Mexican food. It will show up as soon as you commit.
Posted By: Hugh Re: Spyderco - 01/15/15
Well Ive had the knife a few days I sure like it a lot. one last bowhunt Thursday ,wkend squirrell will be using it I hope.thanks all.
Posted By: Hugh Re: Spyderco - 01/15/15
I got the blue endura made in Seki city Japan 55 bucks shipped vg 10 blade.
Posted By: RDW Re: Spyderco - 01/29/15
I have a Michael Walker C-37 and a Native that have been in rotation for almost 16 years.
Posted By: Hugh Re: Spyderco - 01/29/15
I sure do like the the Endura happy with it so far was thinking about the Delica also.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Spyderco - 02/02/15
Love my Stretch 2. Just remember Spyderco makes knives for cutting. Their blades are thin and it is easy to break the tip. Also the FRN coupled with a thin blade does not make for strength. Again they are great knives and I like mine, just do not abuse them.
Posted By: Hugh Re: Spyderco - 02/02/15
You can get ffg or sabre grind with thicker blade.
© 24hourcampfire