Home
Posted By: j2dogs My 4th one done. Camp/Chopper - 03/19/15
Thought I would give a little photo story to give an idea what I did on this particular knife. The blank is not the same but close to the one that I ground out. The handles I made from layering brown and green burlap with 2 part epoxy, and pressure made from a homemade press, when they dry they become very durable, as tough as any hardwood. If I had to take one knife into the woods to survive it would be this one 8.5 inch flat ground stropped razor sharp. You can chop with it and still cut vegetables or protect yourself.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/jtwodogs/HPIM1121_zpsrwfj5l75.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq103/jtwodogs/HPIM1122_zpss2dcvk18.jpg[/img]
I like that a lot. Just a hint of recurve, and plenty enough blade to get the job done. Is that 1/4 stock?
Well made, and good looking. smile
Yes it is 1/4 stock Aldos 1095, and Thanks.
You can send me some of that burlap micarta, came out great.

Dale
Thanks Dale. I would send you some but it was a limited run. frown
Put me on the list for the next batch. smile
Out of morbid curiosity, what's the price tag on one of those beasts?
Since it is only my 4th one I have not thought about pricing yet. This one was HT by Peters right at 58 Rc.

I will be starting on a new batch here when I get some sanding belts together, those will be for sale. Might be awhile though where I have not been doing it long I am not as prolific as some others, plus I desire to make it right if my name is going on it.
good looking chopper cranky72
Love the WIP pics. Well done man. Keep at it.
Finally got a chance to post,sorry I'm late to the party. Yeah man great going. That looks like a tough work beast knife. Very nice job,looking great & keep it up. I like your micarta & the finish on it ,fantastic !
I want to Thank everyone for their kind words. It inspires me when I hear encouragement for those I look up to as custom knife builders
© 24hourcampfire