Home
I have been looking for a nice knife for a while and have been looking here for a while. The Ingram's caught my eye and I started researching. Low and behold Gene's shop is approx 11 miles from where I work! Yep, called him up and swung by today. Needless to say, handled several knives approx settled on a #3 bird and trout. He had 4 knives unsold so I scooped one up. I am going back Thursday to pick it up. Super nice fella and lots of nice hardware. Will post a pic when I get it home.

skywalker

lot of knife talent in that area.
#4 B&T?
#3 B&T
Curious to see the 3. Always cool to actually meet the people doing the work.
Never seen a #3 B&T. I have a #4 and have seen pictures of the #1 but wasn't aware of another B&T model. I'd like to see that, I am really fond of the B&T genre because of their versatility. I've used my #4 on squirrels, rabbits, coyotes, turkey and deer. Does it all really well. And yes, Gene is a really good guy and an incredible craftsman.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
lot of knife talent in that area.

It'd cost me a lot of money to make the rounds in that neck of the woods. smile
Originally Posted by skywalker
#3 B&T

Never saw one either. Looking forward to the pictures. What handle material did you get?
Pic attached.

Attached picture #3B&T JIG ANTIQUE~2.jpg
Originally Posted by skywalker
Pic attached.

Well what do ya know, a #3! I see the difference in the handle design. I like it!
Of all the knives I handled, this one fit my hand 'like a glove' so to speak. As soon as I picked it up, I knew!
Took possession today. Beautiful knife, should provide years of service. He also has a B&T #4 that is very nice, tempting! Thank you, Mr Ingram.
© 24hourcampfire