Home
I mentioned in another thread, that I ordered a knife from Buck's custom shop. The order was processed pretty quick, faster than they said it would take.
Buck 110, with the S30V blade. Black G10 handle, with nickel bolsters, and pins.
Came in a nice box, well wrapped to protect it. Nylon belt sheath, but I wish it were a retro leather one.
Paul Bos heat treat, and sharp enough to shave with. I am very impressed, to get all this for just a bit over $100. Quite a bargain.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very cool. How long did it take to process?
ordered it on the 6th, got it today on the 27th. They said to allow 4 weeks, but got it done quicker.
Now I think I'll order one of their Buck 113 Ranger knives. A fixed blade, with Walnut scales and again, the S30V blade. Same low price.
that's an instant classic.

Best,

GWB
Looks good. Glad you got it.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Buck 110 from the Custom Shop - 06/27/15
Looks like a great robust folder. It seems the Buck Custom Shop isn't well known but if you like Buck knives they are a real treat. I've had several Custom Shop 110's and they have all been excellent knives.
just looking at the cost/value equation, the Buck custom shop is a heck of a bargain.
S30V folder, your choice of handle material, a proven design, and for cheap.
I have a friend who is retired career Army, a Ranger who served three tours in Vietnam. He said that the Buck 110 Hunter he carried all the way through his tours was all the knife he needed and it did everything he required of it.

I've used mine since I bought it in 1973, and it still works just fine. Cuts like a champ.

L.W.
I've long been a fan of Buck knives and the 110 is a classic that I won't be without. Your custom Shop 110 is a beauty!
Could you ever see any use for the serrated blade option that is available for that knife...?

I'm kickin' around the idea of getting one of these knives for my son, and maybe one for myself.
Antlers,

I have almost that same knife but indigo scales and the serrated blade. I don't have the use I thought I would for the serrations. I'm going to order another soon... no serrations.

Sam, that's a mighty nice knife. Think I might order the exact same specs.
Also it's like $10 extra for a black or brown leather sheath.

Originally Posted by antlers
Could you ever see any use for the serrated blade option that is available for that knife...?

I'm kickin' around the idea of getting one of these knives for my son, and maybe one for myself.

I can't see a serrated blade on any knife, save a bread knife. smile
Nice knife.....I like it!
Been thinking about ordering one. I'd pay $10 more for the leather sheath but wouldn't do anything else different.
I have been carrying the knife for several days now, and it is quite impressive. Carves wood, cuts food in the kitchen, cuts cardboard, twine, sand paper.
Showed it to my neighbor yesterday, and he shaved a patch of hair off his arm.
I am using the black leather sheath that came with another of my Buck 110 knives.
© 24hourcampfire