Home
Posted By: Lslite Buck Custom Shop ? - 11/18/15
Would like to have my old Buck 112 polished up and have the scales replaced with some nice stag.Anyone had this done by the custom shop ? Will they even do this kind of work ?
Posted By: shooter42 Re: Buck Custom Shop ? - 11/18/15
I have bought complete knives from the custom shop and the work is very good for semi production work. I don't know if they will do as you ask, but just a phone call or e-mail away.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Buck Custom Shop ? - 11/18/15
I bet they will do it for you. And probably for a reasonable charge. I've bought new knives from the Custom Shop and sent other knives in for repair and all the work was very well done. I've had nothing but good experiences with the Buck Knife Company.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Buck Custom Shop ? - 11/18/15
the custom knives are inexpensive. Just buy a new one, and upgrade to S30V steel
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Buck Custom Shop ? - 11/18/15
+1 to what Sam said.

And I'd wager they'll do whatever you want to the knife, tell you it'll take 4-6 weeks, you'll get your knife back with an invoice in 3 weeks. Worked that way for me when I had some blades replaced, but it was only for a free blade replacement since it was out of alignment pretty bad from the factory and a blade change on a custom.
Posted By: Lslite Re: Buck Custom Shop ? - 11/18/15
I've had them replace a blade before on a 110 and it came back like a new knife.Just didn't know if they'd replace the handle scales and how much the cost might be.Am kind of attached to this one as it was a gift from a long gone friend from my younger days.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Buck Custom Shop ? - 11/19/15
Originally Posted by Lslite
I've had them replace a blade before on a 110 and it came back like a new knife.Just didn't know if they'd replace the handle scales and how much the cost might be.Am kind of attached to this one as it was a gift from a long gone friend from my younger days.

I'd leave it as is. As it was given to you, but that's just me.

Then order a custom 110 like you want.
© 24hourcampfire