Home
Posted By: rylee1 EDC Lock blade suggestions - 12/13/15
Any suggestions on a decent lock blade with a pocket clip that isnt made in China with about a 3 inch blade

Thanks
I currently have a Mel Pardue designed Benchmade clipped to the right front pocket that fits your request. Was gifted to me so not sure of model number.

There are many good knives out there that would fit your request.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Benchmade mini grip 555

3" blade
154cm
Axis lock

Made in USA

$90
Posted By: lvmiker Re: EDC Lock blade suggestions - 12/13/15
I like my Spyderco Native, non serrated CPMS30V steel. Very sharp strong and precise and my favorite opening system. I have carried mine every day for about 7 years and don't plan to ever replace it.

mike r
Posted By: rylee1 Re: EDC Lock blade suggestions - 12/13/15
Thanks Guys both look very good. I will go find one.

Rob
Even the Chinese Spydrco versions are one heck of a knife for a el cheapo

If it's gonna be beater knife,

Don't overlook Taiwan made knives

The kabar dozier is a steal for $20.

The Ontario rat 2 for $25.
+ 1 on the Kabar/Dozier, great knife
Originally Posted by TBREW401
+ 1 on the Kabar/Dozier, great knife

Yep. Forgot about that one. Mine gets used mostly as a Steak knife at the Ranch. Hell of a knife for $20 bucks!,
Posted By: 222Rem Re: EDC Lock blade suggestions - 12/13/15
The Benchmade Griptillian in the $100 range.

The Ontario Rat/Rat2 in the $25 range.

Cold Steel imports a slew of decent knives from Taiwan that are a good value also IMO.
Originally Posted by rylee1
Any suggestions on a decent lock blade with a pocket clip that isnt made in China with about a 3 inch blade

Thanks
Midway has the Mini-Griptilian starting at 89.25. If you are a first time buyer you can get some money off. They are a great knife.
Posted By: CCH Re: EDC Lock blade suggestions - 12/13/15
A Mini Griptilian is really hard to beat for a quality U.S. made folder. Good steel and an excellent locking system at a relatively low price. I have had the standard size 556 in my pocket for many years, and love it.
Originally Posted by rylee1

Thanks

Budget?

I could make suggestions from $20 to $2,000+...
Benchmade 585 Mini-Barrage Osborne Design $119. You won't be sorry.
Benchmade Griptillian's are a great knife and wont break the bank, i bought a chris reeves awhile back for around 550 bucks and prefer the benchmade for a quarter of the price, the benchmade was sent to me to try from a very popular knife maker on the forum who said thats what he uses, good enough for me!
Originally Posted by INTHEMTNS
Benchmade Griptillian's are a great knife and wont break the bank, i bought a chris reeves awhile back for around 550 bucks and prefer the benchmade for a quarter of the price, the benchmade was sent to me to try from a very popular knife maker on the forum who said thats what he uses, good enough for me!

Please expound. I have over 70 Benchmade and 30 Chris Reeve. If I were to stack them up the top 20 would have 18 Reeve...
I've been carrying a Benchmade Mini Griptilian daily for the better part of a decade, and I can't say anything bad about it. I'm partial to the plain edge version.

I bought mine from Sooner State Knives, and they still sell them. When I bought mine, I believe they had the lowest price I could find at the time. Here is a link to their website's Mini Grip page:

Sooner State Knives
Posted By: pal Re: EDC Lock blade suggestions - 12/13/15
Avoid Chinese and Taiwanese blades. Benchmade is one of the superior US manufacturers. My EDC is the McHenry & Williams.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Originally Posted by INTHEMTNS

Please expound. I have over 70 Benchmade and 30 Chris Reeve. If I were to stack them up the top 20 would have 18 Reeve...

Check this pic,that I posted on this site over 10 years ago. I love grippies and have then in all the 500 variants, but "none" of them is a Sebbie!!!

[Linked Image]

Its just my opinion bang for buck i like the benchmade better, feels better in my hand, the reeves is no doubt superior in all ways but cannot justify spending 550 bucks over the grippy, not knocking just a opinion.
Shhhh!
Don't say it out loud, but:
(probably the reason I have over 70 BM to 30 CR wink )

Though the CR would occupy the top spots "all" considered, they simply can't compete bang for the buck.
If i know Rob thet benchmade is in his pricet range! Haha bugging, cant beat it for price, if a master knife maker from alligator country recommend's it i wont argue, love that guy a great friend.
Posted By: Bill_55 Re: EDC Lock blade suggestions - 12/13/15
I've been using a Kershaw Leek for several years now. It is thin and carries well. Takes an edge and holds it well.
Bill
Kershaw, Gerber there are alot of good ones i used a rubber handle gerber folder for alot of years, having been eyeing up spyder's for awhile i would like to pick up a few to try out.
it's hard to beat a Spyderco Delica. This one has stainless steel scales, and a vG-10 blade. Very close to the perfect EDC knife.
[Linked Image]
If anyone wants to try a sebenza, edged specialties has their remaining stock 40% off. Basically what they have left are unique large and small. You can get a small for $288 and a large for $321. I got a couple of micarta inlays months ago when they were 25% off. Edged Specialties used to be on the distributor list from the CR website, but I just checked and they are no longer on there.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's hard to beat a Spyderco Delica. This one has stainless steel scales, and a vG-10 blade. Very close to the perfect EDC knife.
[Linked Image]

My vote too. I've carried the same one for 15 years now.. lost two of the same before because its black plastic and easy to lose. I have a shoe box full of knives I could carry and would buy a delica if I lost this one.

I have a partial serrated one and would opt for a normal blade unless you want twine cutting capability.

Several engineers at work carry these in the office and use the pocket clip as a money and credit card clip.

Its a thin & tough knife.
Rick menefee
you know I want one Rick. Maybe this year, if things perk up. laugh
© 24hourcampfire