Home
Posted By: Oregon45 Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/16/16
Bought this little Husqvarna hatchet last month from Amazon, cost about $40. I bought it to split kindling, which it does like a champ and it also was sharp enough out of the box to shave wood chips for fire-starter. Well balanced and a heck of a good buy. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...id=1452989868&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

[Linked Image]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/16/16
Did it come with a sheath or blade protector? I was looking at them and thinking of ordering one on Amazon just last night.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/16/16
It came with a leather, snap-fastened blade protector. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/17/16
Thanks for the information. I've been looking for a good hatchet that didn't cost Gransford Brunks money.
Posted By: bigswede358 Re: Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/17/16
I got the Husqvarna carpenters axe last year for Christmas. Very nice little axe. So far it has worked out good for carving spoons while camping and I used it to chop down my Christmas tree this year. Them Swedes know how to make a nice axe.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/19/16
I'm pretty sure they were made by wetterling for a while.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/20/16
Originally Posted by bigswede358
I got the Husqvarna carpenters axe ltheir carpenters axe last year for Christmas. Very nice little axe. So far it has worked out good for carving spoons while camping and I used it to chop down my Christmas tree this year. Them Swedes know how to make a nice axe.

I have the same axe.....bought it last spring for about $55 shipped IIRC....being a retired carpenter I had to have one ha.....they're designed to choke up on it and use it for carving/sharpening stakes/etc but it's still chops kindling like a Beaver.....if that hatchet's any where near as good as their carpenters axe (which I have no doubt that it is) it's a keeper.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/21/16
I think I need one of those carpenter's axes....
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Husqvarna Hatchet - 01/22/16
Originally Posted by Oregon45
I think I need one of those carpenter's axes....

Well this is America...land of the credit card.....get on it.... smile
© 24hourcampfire