Home
Posted By: FieldGrade Moki B&T - 01/24/16
Impulse buy.....Didn't "need" it but the Moki knives I've seen over the years have always peeked my interest so being a B&T pattern fan I had a weak moment when I saw this one on line for about half what they usually go for.....

Showed up today.....I'm very impressed....feels good in the hand and the F&F is as good as any knife I own......the sheath's nice too....I like the way they fold the entire piece of leather over to make the belt loop...a nice touch...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gmusic Re: Moki B&T - 01/24/16
Nice little knife, looks to be some sort of burl handle material. I like the sheath as well, I may try that style some day.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Moki B&T - 01/24/16
Thanks....the handle's "Quince"....what ever the hell that is....my interweb search turned up everything from a fruit to a bush to a hardwood grown in several different countries....there's a strain of it grown in Australia which might be the source since Japan's pretty close to Oz....the knife's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be....wish I was a better photographer....
Posted By: Ron Re: Moki B&T - 01/24/16
I'm confused...the first and second pictures are different knives. Which one did you buy?
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Moki B&T - 01/24/16
Originally Posted by Ron
I'm confused...the first and second pictures are different knives. Which one did you buy?

No, it just looks that way because it's upside down. Most knives have any jimping groves on the spine, thus your confusion.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Moki B&T - 01/24/16
Beautiful knife, sir.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Ron

No, it just looks that way because it's upside down. Most knives have any jimping groves on the spine, thus your confusion.

Correct.....this one actually has finer jimping on the spine as well but my crappy camera didn't pick it up....the jimping top and bottom are perfect....there's allot of detail on this little knife for the price...
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Moki B&T - 01/24/16
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Ron

Correct.....this one actually has finer jimping on the spine as well but my crappy camera didn't pick it up....

I can see them now,if I squint just right. It looks like a good design for finesse.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Moki B&T - 01/24/16
good stuff guy!

Like both the knife and sheath.

Best,

GWB
Yea....it's a delicate little thing....but then....so am I..... grin
Posted By: doubletap Re: Moki B&T - 01/25/16
Nice looking knife. Let us know how the edge holds up after you've had it for a bit.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Moki B&T - 01/25/16
I really like Moki knives although I do not own any. That is a beauty!

Bobcat?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Moki B&T - 01/25/16
Originally Posted by doubletap
Nice looking knife. Let us know how the edge holds up after you've had it for a bit.

I will.....it's AUS8 which the experts tell me is about like 1095 as far as edge retention goes.....which is fine with me because I really like 1095.....

Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I really like Moki knives although I do not own any. That is a beauty!

Bobcat?

Me too...their folders look pretty nice too....kinda pricey but what isn't these days....

Yes....Bobcat.....
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Moki B&T - 01/25/16
cool knife.
Here's a little better pix.....not much better but the sun isn't all that cooperative this time of year....

[Linked Image]
Here's another one....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4ager Re: Moki B&T - 01/25/16
Link to acquisition source?
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Moki B&T - 01/25/16
Jimping on the bottom, that's unique and quite practical. Very nice looking scales.
Originally Posted by 4ager
Link to acquisition source?

http://ecopusa.com/search.php?search_query=moki+knives#/?_=1&page=1

Check they're egay store too....they had em for $65 and free shipping a couple of weeks ago.....
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Moki B&T - 01/25/16
I bought a folder from Cabela's years ago with the Quince scales, with ats 34 steel.

Really like those scales.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Moki B&T - 01/25/16
Sweet knife FG!

Love the Moki knives.
I have the Med Banff. It is absolutely my favorite blade. Awesome grind in VG-10. Only bitch would be the handle is a bit small.

They make killer folders as well. I absolutely agree they are a lot of knife for the money.

Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: Moki B&T - 01/26/16
In past years,A.G. Russell, in his catalogs would list knives. With Quince on them and he referred to it as Chinese Quince.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Moki B&T - 01/26/16
Originally Posted by mike_e_miller
In past years,A.G. Russell, in his catalogs would list knives. With Quince on them and he referred to it as Chinese Quince.

Could very well be grown in China Mike...I have no idea.....it's kinda purdy where ever it comes from though....

I don't know how durable it is either but it should hold up to the light use it'll see from me....
Posted By: dowellknives Re: Moki B&T - 01/26/16
Looks good. I've always wondered about their folders myself.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Moki B&T - 01/30/16
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sweet knife FG!

Love the Moki knives.
I have the Med Banff. It is absolutely my favorite blade. Awesome grind in VG-10. Only bitch would be the handle is a bit small.

They make killer folders as well. I absolutely agree they are a lot of knife for the money.

Ditto's on the med banff, and it looks like I should add a B&T as a companion.
© 24hourcampfire