Home
Posted By: raysg jiggy micarta - 02/07/16
i really like the look and feel of jigged micarta, from the 2 examples i have anyway. I have returned examples from other makers in the past.These are from 2 brothers you might know. How do you like your jigged micarta handles compared to your other handles in the field?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: antlers Re: jiggy micarta - 02/07/16
I've no experience with jigged micarta. But I've some experience with jigged and beaded G-10, and I love the stuff.
Posted By: MOGC Re: jiggy micarta - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by antlers
I've no experience with jigged micarta. But I've some experience with jigged and beaded G-10, and I love the stuff.

Same here. For a working knife I'm sold on the jigged and beaded G-10. With that said, I was thinking of having Mr. Ingram make me a jigged paper or linen micarta knife black in color with blue liners. Maybe a Slim...
Posted By: raysg Re: jiggy micarta - 02/07/16
Gene grinds a sharp knife. I've only had 1/2 dozen, gave 2 away to hunting buds. These 2 Still have the original edge after dressing 4 deer and some goose and ducks. Will still shave hair off your arm.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: jiggy micarta - 02/07/16
I have a May with jigged micarta. I like it . Others I have are g10.

For a hunting knife that'll get bloody, makes it easier to hold.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: jiggy micarta - 02/07/16
Is there a source for jigged micarta or are they making their own? I'd like to find some for a couple of knives I'm making.
Posted By: VinceM Re: jiggy micarta - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Is there a source for jigged micarta or are they making their own? I'd like to find some for a couple of knives I'm making.

These guys do their own but I think if you look at knife supply sites & the like ,there are pre fab'd materials with texture.
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: jiggy micarta - 02/07/16
Jantz Supply offers several different patterns in G-10. But most of the makers I know do their own in whatever material they want to use.
There are several different cutters they can use to jig the material.
© 24hourcampfire