Home
Posted By: osix Black Jack knife - 06/09/16
Opinions of Black Jack knives?
Looking at a model 125, made in the USA.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Black Jack knife - 06/23/16
My old neighbor had one of these in A2 and had nothing bad to say. Was bragging about it's edge retention. I like the way it felt in had but didn't ever do anything with it.

When I had a chance to buy a good knofe with someone elses money I chose a BRKT Classic drop point hunter Classic drop point hunter There's just something about a Loveless design.
Posted By: Mink Re: Black Jack knife - 07/01/16
Depends on the age I suppose. Older Blackjacks can carry a collector premium. New ones are made by Bark River and are excellent quality as well. Hard to go wrong with one if that is the pattern you like.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Black Jack knife - 07/01/16
I have a couple of them. There are no issues I can see.
Posted By: bangeye Re: Black Jack knife - 07/12/16
Hunting buddy has one of the older ones and it is certainly a nice knife. I would say comparable to a bark river, Randal etc.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Black Jack knife - 07/12/16
Originally Posted by bangeye
Hunting buddy has one of the older ones and it is certainly a nice knife. I would say comparable to a bark river, Randal etc.

The new ones ARE Bark Rivers. The 125 is a decent knife that will last years without issue. A2 steel and plenty beefy.

The older Effingham blades were pretty much Randall clones, in pattern. Good knives that are getting pricey....

© 24hourcampfire