Home
Posted By: mtnman1 Something different - 07/30/16
I don't typically build tactical knives but since a friend asked, I figured I'd give this one a shot... He had a rough idea of size and shape but left the rest to me. This is what I came up with. I think its starting to take shape.

Its Carbon Fiber which will end up being hand sanded to 2000 grit with a contoured handle... Blade has a stone washed finish and a little bit heavier grind that I typically run. 4 1/2" blade and 9 1/2" OAL. It's triple tempered with three cryo passes so it'll be a cutter.

Feels good in hand to me, but there won't be any doubt as to whether I got it right or not.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Something different - 07/30/16
I really like the shape, both blade and handle. What is your steel? Personally, for a tactical fighter, I want a blade at least 5 to 6 inches. That's how far inside you need to reach in order to hit those vital organs from either front or back.
Again, a most attractive design. smile
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Something different - 07/30/16
Steel is CPM154. Blade length was his spec. He specifically asked for something at that length as he said he preferred something not overly long.

Dale
Posted By: wilbilly Re: Something different - 07/30/16
I like it!
Posted By: saddlering Re: Something different - 07/31/16
I think its nice!
Posted By: Judman Re: Something different - 07/31/16
Oh ya I'm diggin it. Personally I don't want a 4 1/2" blade stickin me anywhere.... Grin
Posted By: byc Re: Something different - 07/31/16
Blade is nice. Sam is right on the specs.

I really like the handle. Top and bottom. I would even go for a little more flair. But then I have large hands.

© 24hourcampfire