Home
Posted By: woods_walker MOKI folder impressions - 09/13/16
Added a MOKI Fish Owl MK110M to the EDC pocket knife rotation back in July. I was looking for a certain Kershaw for this purpose without success and the MOKI was suggested by carbon12 as a potential alternative. Not that I have any shortage of pocket knives that have been proven to be up to the task...

Everyday needs for me require at least one knife. Just the usual stuff like cutting bailing twine on square bales, opening packages or eating from the garden and sometimes cleaning fish and game when a fixed blade is not at hand. Then of course there are those restaurants that don't provide a decent knife.

Impressions... Excellent construction and attention to detail, very light weight due in part to the linerless micarta construction. Blade steel is AUS-8 that touches up nicely on the ceramic sticks. Not my first choice in steel but seems to be adequate for the intended purpose. Solid lock back design. Blade design is just right for my intended use.

Well built for sure however not a heavy duty knife like the construction of a Benchmade folder as this is a what I would call a purpose built pocket knife. One that rides in your front pocket without knowing its there.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Should have included the dimensions.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: MOKI folder impressions - 09/14/16
Nothing wrong with the Moki, nice knife.

But better "substitutes" for the 1993-2 exist IMO........
Posted By: Dude270 Re: MOKI folder impressions - 09/14/16
that MOKI is a great pattern. fit and finish look really well done too.

2muchgun, what's the best substitute for the gentleman's folder in your opinion?
Don't get me wrong, I like the Moki. I just don't like it best, where 1993-2 clones are concerned.

I will post pics when I get a chance....
Crappy pic of one of my EDCs. I have 4-5 of these. They are 440C and still have the nice brass liners like the Kershaw, which the Moki lacks. They are much closer to the Kershaw than the Moki is........

Not a Kershaw, not a Moki:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kingston Re: MOKI folder impressions - 09/14/16
Originally Posted by woods_walker
Should have included the dimensions.

[Linked Image]
[quote=woods_walker]Should have included the dimensions.

That's a good looking knife!
Definitely a good quality pocket knife, built by a reputable company.
Originally Posted by woods_walker
Definitely a good quality pocket knife, built by a reputable company.

Moki has been around a very long time, and are very under rated IMO. They also make knives on contract for some big names including Fallkniven and Beretta.....
Posted By: MadMooner Re: MOKI folder impressions - 09/17/16
I love my MOKI fixed blade. Fantastic grind. A wicked little slicer.

I've been eyeballing one of those folders for a while.
Posted By: carbon12 Re: MOKI folder impressions - 09/22/16
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Crappy pic of one of my EDCs. I have 4-5 of these. They are 440C and still have the nice brass liners like the Kershaw, which the Moki lacks. They are much closer to the Kershaw than the Moki is........

[Linked Image]

Chinese knock-off?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: MOKI folder impressions - 09/22/16
Originally Posted by carbon12

[Linked Image]

Chinese knock-off?

Knowing Ken I doubt it's a Chinaland knock off....

I don't own one of their folders but my little Moki B&T pattern is as nice an any knife I own....
Posted By: carbon12 Re: MOKI folder impressions - 09/23/16
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by carbon12

[Linked Image]

Chinese knock-off?

Knowing Ken I doubt it's a Chinaland knock off....

I don't own one of their folders but my little Moki B&T pattern is as nice an any knife I own....

Reason why I asked is that I saw some Kershaw Gentleman's Folders look-alikes offered on-line of 440 steel. IIRC, they were stamped 'China'.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: MOKI folder impressions - 10/06/16
I put in an order for one of the China knockoffs. I'm kind of anxious to see how it compares to the real thing
Posted By: Bryant Re: MOKI folder impressions - 10/19/16
Kershaw chill. I've been carrying one of there for a few months very light little knife and nice design. I paid about 25 bucks for it.[Linked Image]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: MOKI folder impressions - 10/21/16
Originally Posted by Dude270
I put in an order for one of the China knockoffs. I'm kind of anxious to see how it compares to the real thing

You get your Chinee knockoff yet?
Posted By: Dude270 Re: MOKI folder impressions - 10/23/16
I did about a week ago. The fit and finish is pretty amazing considering the price.

I've been carrying it for a week and have no complaints at all.
Posted By: antlers Re: MOKI folder impressions - 10/23/16
Originally Posted by Bryant
Kershaw chill. I've been carrying one of there for a few months very light little knife and nice design. I paid about 25 bucks for it.[Linked Image]

It looks like it has a flipper on it; is it an assisted opening knife...?
Posted By: Bryant Re: MOKI folder impressions - 10/23/16
Flipper but not assisted opener
© 24hourcampfire