Home
Posted By: ACLakey Camp Choppa - 11/30/16
These are definitely bigger knives than I normally make but there starting to take shape. This is for a buddy that spends a lot of time in the back country. I still have some work to do.

3/16" 1084 treated to 59rc. Primary bevel to 0.15", micarta scales and pins with orange lines and a brass lanyard tube.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Camp Choppa - 11/30/16
A great looking brute of a knife, I especially like your contouring of the handle and the finish on the unground areas of the blade. Very businesslike and attractive in a ruatic kind of way, all business and no frills. Definately appears capable of getting the job done around camp and in the backcountry.
Posted By: troutfly Re: Camp Choppa - 11/30/16
That is a good, solid looking knife. I suspect it should be able to handle any backcountry task.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Camp Choppa - 12/01/16
Well crafted sir.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Camp Choppa - 12/01/16
not big enough for a 'chopper'. lol Would make a decent camp knife though. smile
Posted By: michiganroadkill Re: Camp Choppa - 12/01/16
Sam
That is Chopper's little sister Choppa.
Nicely done too I might add.
Tim
Posted By: ACLakey Re: Camp Choppa - 12/01/16
Thanks...you have to watch out for those little sisters. :-)
Posted By: ACLakey Re: Camp Choppa - 12/02/16
Done and sharpened, I think he'll like it.... If not I'll keep it ☺️. I think I'll finish the second blank the same way.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://youtu.be/ZP1m2a7tfZ4
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Camp Choppa - 12/04/16
Cool looking blade. Reminds me of knives made from old files where the ungrounded part of the blade looks rustic. Love that look.
Posted By: ACLakey Re: Camp Choppa - 12/04/16
I finished off my last camp Choppa blank today with a little Shadetree Coconut Husk, love this material.

In process but looking good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My daughter made me do it. :-)

https://youtu.be/Q_tJh0UK3DI

Okay, it was kinda fun
© 24hourcampfire