Home
Does anyone have experience with both of these sharpeners?
generally, I don't like those types of sharpeners. The design pretty much dictates the blade angle. Not much wiggle room to change that.
On the other hand, the Brod & Taylor proofer is the bomb. High on my list of kitchen goodies that I just have to have. smile
I had a Warthog......it was ok but you had to cover the blade with masking tape if you didn't want scratches on it.....

No experience with the other....

After trying the Warthog and paper wheels I've settled on an Edge Pro for the majority of my knives....I still like stones for small blades though....and naturally convex blades get the mouse pad/sand paper treatment.....
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
generally, I don't like those types of sharpeners. The design pretty much dictates the blade angle. Not much wiggle room to change that.
On the other hand, the Brod & Taylor proofer is the bomb. High on my list of kitchen goodies that I just have to have. smile

http://brodandtaylor.com/folding-proofer-and-slow-cooker/

How do you use this? Do you use it like a crock pot? I don't bake bread or make yogurt.
I want one for proofing bread. I have heard some say you can 'cook' in it, but the heat is really not much more than about 110F, or something like that.
They are spendy, but maybe after the first of the year, I'll be able to order one. Sure would make my bread baking easier.
© 24hourcampfire