Home
Posted By: Hotload CASE Muskrat with blue handle - 01/05/17
Last month ioshf303 asked about blue handled blades. At the same time
my wife started asking what I wanted for xmas. So I told her a blue handled
knife. Being a master shopper .... she found one. wink

Looking for info on a SS Case Muskrat. Never had a knife with a blue handle
or a muskrat. The muskrat knife design does not seem very popular.
This Case knife does not have a model number.
The idea of the muskrat pattern,I do believe as I understand it,the second identical blade was so when out afield if one got dull you had a " back up" . Later a variation with one "rat" clip & one warncliffe blade came about and was called a " Hawbaker" muskrat. Now that " Hawbaker" name, I'm almost certain,again,as I learned this,was from a trappers supply house with just that name
See this : http://www.furfishgame.com/featured_articles/Archived/2013/2013-06/antique_traps_06-2013.php

I like this pattern for a pocket knife
The Case Muskrat never had a pattern number,it had its name. Check the Case factory website for the variations in handle material and colors.

http://www.wrcase.com/index_en.php
One minor thing - this Case Muskrat came in a box. I liked that. Back in the day
all new knives came in a box. Sad to say but along with the joy, happiness ,
confusion, xmas wrapping paper ... etc. the box got lost.
What info are you looking for?
Wondering what the blue handle material is.
Originally Posted by Hotload
Wondering what the blue handle material is.

The Case website lists the only Muskrats with blue scales as having bone scales; so likely cow bone, dyed and jigged.
Depends on when it was made, Case is continuously adding bone colors and discontinuing bone colors. Here is a Case Muskrat from the late 1990's in "pocketworn" blue bone, I bought it still NIB in a shop about five years ago. They also have a jigged blue Rogers bone version that is current (has the "Chevy" style shield).

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire