Home
I've been super fortunate to get exposed to some awesome blades and people thru this sub-forum in particular.
I am a huge Menefee and Dowell fan. Just found my next one and it is awesome. Tom Ploppert runs around with that crew and the one and only T Bose. Had him make this fillet knife for me with some special handle material from my good buddy Bobby down in the swamp. Bobby calls it Four Way Carbon Fiber...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

used it on some steaks and the flex is unbelievable. I'm too stupid to understand distal taper but Tom sure as hell gets it...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I think my dick just moved a little
Ploppert has real talent.
Good Golly, that's sexy!!!
I'll take it! lol

Nice blade!
that is impressive
The feel and the way it cuts is awesome. Thanks for looking... more pics to come as it gets used.
That is one fine lookin blade!
Be slicker than snot getting the back straps off an animal the size of a moose I think.
All those guys build great knives. There are too many to mention great makers to mention, but Dale Howe builds a top shelf boning knife as well. I used a T. Bose proto & a Ploppert knife like yours to debone 8 hogs and one whitetail this past weekend. A2 is some wicked stuff. Skinned most of them with an A2 drop point as well. Those fillet blades are very thin and flexible, yet tough as hell. I don't know how they do it. Never thought I'd like A2 carbon steel so much. The fillet knives make short order out of 40 pound redfish bulls too. Thanks for posting the pictures Jason.
some pictures from Chootem:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I used the fillet knife and it's so light and balanced. Cuts like a friggin laserbeam.

Tom makes some unreal folders too:
[Linked Image]
Very very nice!
Originally Posted by Gies340
I've been super fortunate to get exposed to some awesome blades and people thru this sub-forum in particular.
I am a huge Menefee and Dowell fan. Just found my next one and it is awesome. Tom Ploppert runs around with that crew and the one and only T Bose. Had him make this fillet knife for me with some special handle material from my good buddy Bobby down in the swamp. Bobby calls it Four Way Carbon Fiber...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

used it on some steaks and the flex is unbelievable. I'm too stupid to understand distal taper but Tom sure as hell gets it...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That SOB is DEAD SEXY!
Very nice! How long is the blade?
MadMooner - Blade is approx 5-1/4"; Handle 4-3/4".
He also makes a smaller version which I think will be in my pack next fall:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
More badassness:
[Linked Image]
Master blade in that Texas Stockman directly above = .150 thick; others .105. Material is PM 154.
Can't fault your taste
Thanks Dale! To be clear, only the larger fillet is mine. I believe that 5 blade stockman is headed to the spring show in Lauderdale.
set of hunter knives for the Rubicon Big Buck contest winners (Louisiana). CPM 154. Desert Ironwood and fossilized walrus:
[Linked Image]
That walrus is sweetness!
He called it Walrus cheek bone!
I like the looks of that walrus scaled knife. That's only the 2nd knife I've seen it used on and both had pictures posted here on Campfire.
Where can they be ordered.

We are looking for fillet knives.
Abbydog,
PM sent.
Black is the new Black:
[Linked Image]
1306 just finished up - headed to the East Coast Show in Lauderdale (March). Some serious mad skills

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice
Originally Posted by Gies340
set of hunter knives for the Rubicon Big Buck contest winners (Louisiana). CPM 154. Desert Ironwood and fossilized walrus:
[Linked Image]

I like that style.

Nice knives in this thread
Had Tom make this one-of-a-kind hoof pick for our horses. It's based off of a design that works well. Of course, Tom took it to a whole new level:
- took it to 48 Rockwell
- ebony handle
- tapered (only slightly to keep the feel 'stout') tang

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Really like this, Tom did an awesome job:
[Linked Image]
Cutting edge 4-1/8"; OAL is 9-7/8"
[Linked Image]

Prototype handle shape.
[Linked Image]
love the barbwire
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Dannnnnggg!

Nice folders and that $20 bottle of Weller is good stuff!

SD
© 24hourcampfire