Home
Posted By: troutfisher13111 New one from Tim Olt - 02/09/17
Just got this in today. It's Tim's "High Country Hunter" with an aged industrial micarta handle and CPM154 blade. The pics aren't great, it's dark in my apartment.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GunGeezer Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/09/17
Like that one and the sheath.
Posted By: fshaw Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/09/17
Good looking knife.
Posted By: 4ager Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/09/17
That's a damned nice knife. The classic influences are obvious, as is the master level crafting.
Tim did a great job on this knife. It came out really well and he is a very easy gentleman to do business with. I highly recommend him!
Posted By: troutfly Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/09/17
That's a great looking knife!
I think it's time to order another from Tim.
His work is truly great.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/10/17
I have that one's twin brother, and Tim is in the process of making me a second knife. It will have a different blade profile and shape, but with the same handle.
Can't wait to get it. Tim's craftsmanship and ability stand with the best out there.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/10/17
Beautiful micarta handle!
Posted By: Journeyman Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/10/17
Very nice! What are the dimensions...(ie, is it a Model 25 or 26 copy)? Also, can we see the blade/guard joint? Is it soldered?
It is NOT exactly UNLIKE the Randall Model #25 Trapper, 4" in the top of this pic.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SLM Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/11/17
Very nice.
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Very nice! What are the dimensions...(ie, is it a Model 25 or 26 copy)? Also, can we see the blade/guard joint? Is it soldered?

Overall length is about 8-3/4", blade length is about 4" with 3-1/2" of cutting edge. Blade width from spine to cutting edge is right at 1" at its widest point. It's fairly light for as much knife as it is.

As far as blade/guard joint, Tim could tell you more about that as I really don't know.

Guards are normally soldered.
Those with open ended slot are normally pinned and soldered.
Those with center slot to slip lengthwise over the tang are staked in place and soldered.
Tim
Here are a couple pics with better lighting

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Whelenman Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/11/17
Tim does outstanding work!!
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: New one from Tim Olt - 02/13/17
And he's a very nice guy to do business with... I have 3 of his creations!!! VERY HIGH QUALITY
© 24hourcampfire