Home
Posted By: ironbender Warren A&T Splitting Maul - 02/13/17
I sometimes check a couple of local second hand stores looking for cast iron skillets and older American-made tools.

I found a Warren splitting maul. i don't really *need* another maul, but do these older tools have any intrinsic 'collectors' value?

I Googled the company and they were bought by Collins in 1950. Have not been able to find if Collins maintained the Warren stamp after that, so it may be nearly 70 years old.

Thoughts?
Thoughts? I think you forgot to post a pic of your new splitter.
lol

Didn't get it...yet. I might.

Curious as to the questions above.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Warren A&T Splitting Maul - 02/14/17
"Need"? When the f'k did "need" come into question when the subject is classic and well made tools, firearms, cutlery, optics, etc.?

"Need"...sheesh...

Go get it.
lol...

Calm down!
Need meaning being able to put to good use rather than clean up, re-haft and look at it.

But you do make a point.
Posted By: kingston Re: Warren A&T Splitting Maul - 02/14/17
POST PICTURES
Posted By: 4ager Re: Warren A&T Splitting Maul - 02/14/17
Originally Posted by ironbender
lol...

Calm down!
Need meaning being able to put to good use rather than clean up, re-haft and look at it.

But you do make a point.

You'd use it. Go get it.
Can only use one at a time. wink
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Warren A&T Splitting Maul - 02/14/17

I worked for a small railroad company replacing track one summer and learned how to swing a spike maul with each arm to drive a single spike. Don't think it would have the same rebound effect to windmill it with a maul on wood....
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I worked for a small railroad company replacing track one summer and learned how to swing a spike maul with each arm to drive a single spike. Don't think it would have the same rebound effect to windmill it with a maul on wood....

I believe I'd end up some toes short if I were to try that.
What a bunch of enablers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kingston Re: Warren A&T Splitting Maul - 02/14/17
laugh
I've seen those a couple times.....ususally around $12 - $15 and that 8 stands for 8lb!
Nice old maul. 8 lb is my favorite.
© 24hourcampfire