Home
say out of A2 steel, and the maker's discretion as to the rest!

[Linked Image]

your thoughts??

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Damn Geedubya! You're the only guy I know with a full body mount ringtail!!! That's damn cool!

[Linked Image]

"Nessmuk" from "Woodcraft and camping".

[Linked Image]

Dexter Russell 012G-8BU Green River Butchers Knife 20cm
Is there any functional benefit of the Nessmuk tip 'hump'?

Works surprisingly well when used as a bacon/egg flipper, also for spreading butter on bread.

I cut this out of a Adirondack Guide, tapered the tang, added Red Stag, and made a sheath when bored off my tits during some foul weather some years ago.
The reverse curve at the top of the blade allows easy access to a butter container...so of course it just sits in my leatherwork box for when I muck about with leather.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Whoever designed the Adirondack Guides must have hands like a teenage girl, so I made the handle on this one heavier to suit.

I love the Nessmuk design, well done.
Something like the small blades at the bottom??????

[Linked Image]
Would the "set" have blade patterns like those in the pic at the start????
Would you also use them occasionally as kitchen utensils as noted above????
Tim
I've had these for a while. They are old stock from a hardware store that was one of the oldest in MA when it closed in the late 1970's.

They were in an old wooden box in the attic with 50,000lbs. of other old and forgotten inventory.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
Would the "set" have blade patterns like those in the pic at the start????
Would you also use them occasionally as kitchen utensils as noted above????
Tim

Tim,

yes,

and yes...........

Can't say why, but in the last year or so I've become infatuated with the Nessmuk style blade. I inquired in that regards to a number of makers. So far Gene is the only one that took me serious.

In conversation I asked if he would consider undertaking to make a combo Nessmuk set. IIRC, Mr. Ingram said that that he had not made a Nessmuk style blade before. I texted a picture of a RW Loveless Modified Nessmuk. Well fast forward a couple months and we talked again. He indicated he would like to make the combo but wanted it to be his interpretation of a Nessmuk. I told him to have at it. My only two stipulations were that I wanted A2 steel for the blade and that these were not to be "frilly", but rather a working set. The rest was up to him. Well I got this combo set in the mail last Saturday. To say the least I am ecstatic. The Desert Ironwood is one of my fav's and was a total surprise.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

anywho,

I'm jazzed!

ya!

GWB
Very cool, GDUB
Those are very nice Gee'.

Love A2.
Originally Posted by kingston
I've had these for a while. They are old stock from a hardware store that was one of the oldest in MA when it closed in the late 1970's.

They were in an old wooden box in the attic with 50,000lbs. of other old and forgotten inventory.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Those are my type of toys....but for Christ's sake clean and oil them.
Love that pair of Ingram knives! Mr. Gene never disappoints!
Very nice geedubya. Mr. Ingram is willing to take an idea and run with it. Pleases the customer and puts out a hard working piece of art at the same time.
That is a damned nice set from Gene.
Know what the process is for the coloration/finish of the A-2????
Wooo.....

You are definitely living right, GDub.
They are exactly as I found'em—new and never sold. I didn't want to clean anything important off'em. The lowest two have got to be 19th centry. You should see the stuff that came out of this place.
there seems to be some confusion about George Sears and his 'trio'. Nessmuk liked a fixed blade of moderate size, a folder, and an ax.
For what it's worth, mine is a Tim Olt knife, a Swiss Army One Handed Trekker folder, and a small Wetterlings Ax. These have gone on many camping trip.
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire