Home
Posted By: hanco Built more tripods and feeders - 04/29/23
Built these for a friend

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Very nice. Wish I lived closer to Texas. I could use a couple of those. Looks like top quality material and workmanship. Critter proof too. Good job.
Thank you, he has about 350.00 apiece in them, material and parts have doubled since I built 8 of them in 2020 while I was working 3 days a week during the early part of Commie 19. I became tired of climbing up a ladder to dump it in. The old feeders were some I built 20 years ago.

Would have been faster with new barrels, but friend brought this junk cshit for me to use

They look good to me.

Nice job.
What kind of lids do you use?
Originally Posted by Lucas1

I have lids like the one leaning against the yellow feeder that I built for Bob probably 15 years ago. They cost about 40 bucks now, we’re 20 about 4 yrs ago
Originally Posted by hanco

I have lids like the one leaning against the yellow feeder that I built for Bob probably 15 years ago. They cost about 40 bucks now, we’re 20 about 4 yrs ago

In a pinch….

A galvanized catch pan for a water heater will work for a barrel lid…

😂😂
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

In a pinch….

😂😂

I never would have thought of that

In a pinch….

😂😂

I drilled holes in the lip, lashed it to the legs with Paracord. Stayed dry.

In a pinch….

😂😂

I drilled holes in the lip, lashed it to the legs with Paracord. Stayed dry.

I’ve learned a few things on here. Thank you, one Dave to another!! I’m probably Little Dave. 6’1. 190 lbs
Nice! Those will last a lifetime.
Hanco, what brand of feeder box and controler are you using on your builds?
Originally Posted by jd9770
Hanco, what brand of feeder box and controler are you using on your builds?

Ammo box, Wild Game timer, 12 volt motor with a spring loaded spinner

Ammo box and motor. Motor is bolted to a piece of plate. Plate is attached to barrel with 4 pieces of 1/4 all thread. The all thread give you height adjustment

Pattern for motor plate. I used aluminum when I could get scrap for for free, steel now.

Black and white wires go to motor(piece of extension cord), black and red from solor panel. I use a piece of rock to keep timer off bottom. I drill a few 1/8 holes in bottom to let any rain water out. I learned that the hard way. I ruined a timer leaving it on bottom with no holes in box. I learned the hard way to make small holes in ammo box. I met a nice group of red friends when I opened a box once.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Helped Bob get his 4 up, Rock about 4 inches down, drilled holes for every rod with rotor hammer. Tripod with winch beats cshit out of climbing up with sacks of corn

Thanks for the detailed description. I’m gonna try your design out.
Originally Posted by jd9770
Thanks for the detailed description. I’m gonna try your design out.

It was the best way I could figure out to mount a motor and spinner. I use template to lay out holes in barrel also
Awesome looking feeders.
© 24hourcampfire